No announcement yet.

GUITAR DEAL OF THE YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the rest of his store. If you want a broken tape deck, he is your guy. I want to send him a message saying I want to write a check for the whole lot, give me a number.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      The seller is also charging $25 for shipping because he is going to package it so well that it won't get scratched during shipping.
      I'd want it at least double boxed.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm going to message and ask how it sounds.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'm not usually one to doubt the condition of an object advertised as "nonfunctioning", but at this point can it really be argued that it has a function?
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

He seems to like to sell a lot of old non-functioning JUNK (some of the stuff, he doesn't even know what it is or what it came off of) that really has NO value. And he figures it will sell if he puts a price tag of 10-100 times what it would have sold for brand new...as if old, worn out, broken down, non-functioning, useless makes it more valuable. Like old used cloth or plastic (Naugahyde) guitar straps which sold new for $1-3, he wants up to $170. (I still have some of those cloth straps from the 60s that cost me $1.99 new).

I think he must figure that if he only sells just one item to some sucker he has made his profit for the whole lot.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Like old used cloth or plastic (Naugahyde) guitar straps which sold new for $1-3, he wants up to $170. (I still have some of those cloth straps from the 60s that cost me $1.99 new)..
              Put them on eBay hipsters and Blues Lawyers pay top dollar for those vintage straps. If you have a vintage amp and guitar, you need the period-correct strap to go with it.

Comment

Well inflation had changed the $1.99 from the 60s
                it's now adjusted to $190.0

Or there abouts

So he wants brand new price

Most of that stuff can be found new on ebay for $5 or less
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Those are vintage aged relic straps though. The guitar world has been taught that crappy junk that someone didn't take proper care of is worth more for some reason.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

and we all know the right strap is the key to good tone

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      I'm going to message and ask how it sounds.
                      This one got me. Please let me know if there is a response

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        and we all know the right strap is the key to good tone
                        ..and where's the strap going to go?
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I wonder if the guy would consider trades? I have a bag of sawdust I am willing to part with.

Comment

I will be happy to throw in some bowl brownies
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I wonder if the guy would consider trades? I have a bag of sawdust I am willing to part with.
                              Are you really willing to trade down like that?

Comment

Some of these posts have me laughing way too loud lol. this is fantastic.
                                Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
                                X