Your own personal "Number One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your own personal "Number One"

Mine is my rosie... a 70's No-name Japanese built Strat knock-off with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in it.... drooolll....
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Don't laugh at me.

My number one is a modified epiphone.
      Ever since I first played it in store (love at first sight).
      I was looking at standard models, then he said "then you can move up to something like this (points to custom)".
      I said "how much?"
      He said " ... (400 bucks more than I had)"
      I said "can i have a go?"
      He said "sure"
      Then, after falling in love with the looks, i fell in love with the playability.
      I found a way to get it, and within two weeks, she was in my hands.
      12 months on, duncans and dimazio pots later I'm still lovin' her.

\m/ !DIG IN BOYS! \m/

I've played PRS cu22's, Fender Strats, they all have something good about them, but other things just lack.
      ie - PRS look good, I hated playing them.
      ie - Strat's play really good but you can't do heavy style playing cause of the humming! (id get actives if i got one)
      Gibson les pauls have always had most areas better than the epiphone - But they didnt connect with me like the epiphone.

So ROCK ON!!!

My next guitar will either be a peavey wolfgang, or a strat, or an ESP viper.
      But I'd still keep the epiphone around. It's never leaving.

Comment

My ´96 (Jackson) Custom Shop Dinky Reverse has been my main squeeze ever since I got her, and will always be
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I've owned in my life the following guitars:

'83 Fender Lead III
          '90 Kramer Baretta
          '95 Squier Strat
          '02 Ibanez AW100CE A/E
          '02 Epiphone Special II (Wine Red)
          '01 Epiphone Special II (Ebony)
          '02 Fender Stratacoustic
          '02 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus (quilted maple in wine red)

The LPCP is my number one, simply because I've never played a better sounding, playing or looking guitar. Nuff said
          ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Between my three, the Parker comes first. It has everything I need: tone, playability, and looks. When I bought it, it was already beaten up and I'm sure it's gotten worse as I've used it, but it's still marvelous and it's still my favorite stage guitar.
            Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
            Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
            Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
            Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
            Marshall G15CDR
            Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
            Marshall 1960A
            Boss ME-50
            ...and just a little talent.

Comment

I'm in limbo right now regarding which guitar is #1. For a while it was my tele, and that guitar will continue to be played a lot.

But right now, my MIJ strat is getting a lot of play. To me, that guitar has something special that none of the other strats I have owned have had.

But who knows, the PRS may be flavor of the month sometime soon. And when I finally get a p90 guitar, all the others had better look out...
              Originally posted by Jolly
              ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I always have at least two to three guitars out for me to play in my house. I usually have one in the living room and a couple out in my computer room/studio/jam room. This is my number one guitar that is always out and I play it more than any of my guitars. It's a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus loaded with a SD Jazz/Jazz combination. It's the first Gibson Les Paul I ever bought. I guess that's why it's so special to me, but I really don't know.

Comment

I only own one strat MIM but i love it to death and wouldn't dream of selling it EVER! Even if i plan on going the les paul way im sure my strat will always be my most favorite guitar, mainly for sentimental reasons as its been by me for a good 3 years now i started guitar on it and it will always be in my collection. BUt i cant wait for a les paul!...on day..thats what i always tell myself....but for now i am happy with my strat.
                  Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I always have at least two to three guitars out for me to play in my house. I usually have one in the living room and a couple out in my computer room/studio/jam room. This is my number one guitar that is always out and I play it more than any of my guitars. It's a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus loaded with a SD Jazz/Jazz combination. It's the first Gibson Les Paul I ever bought. I guess that's why it's so special to me, but I really don't know.

Man that is one nice axe JOLLY! OUtta curiousity since you won so many guitars what was your first guitar? was it a les paul?
                    Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
                      Man that is one nice axe JOLLY! OUtta curiousity since you own so many guitars what was your first guitar? was it a les paul?
                      Thanks, I appreciate it!!I bought my first electric guitar 4 years and 1 month ago. It was (and still is) a Squier Telecaster in kind of a sky blue color. I still whip it out and play it every couple of months or so.

Comment

'82 G&L S-500, with a mahogany body, and metal pickguard.

Sprinter
                        Collings: '08 001-mhsb
                        Dean: '02 Hardtail
                        Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
                        Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
                        Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
                        G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
                        Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
                        Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
                        PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

My 1991 G&L Legacy

It replaced my Deluxe Nashville Tele

Comment

My # 1 Is a 84' SQ Squire Stratocaster ( The large headstock, 3-bolt, bullet
                            rod model) It was white but now it's aged into a nice bannana pudding.
                            It only cost $369 brand new in 84' I have guitars 3 or 4 times that in value.
                            But if the place was burning I'd grab this one 1st. I don't play it anymore
                            Cuz' it needs a refret. A few more fret jobs on POS guitars And I'll be ready
                            for # 1
                            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I got this weird fender telecaster made all out of metal, except neck. its got a realy cool pysicadelic desighn on it. I never play it couse some guy told me some day it would be worth something. other than that I got my strats that I play one with floyd and one without.

Comment

It's really difficult to narrow it down to one, but I'd say my Goldtop w/nickel C-5/59n. w/pullup tones to split. Also has Schaller Kluson copy tuners - direct fit.

I think of my main guitar as 4 main guitars. Right now, it's my honeyflame Std. Prem Plus and Sunset Custom Schecter Tele. I also really dig the G&L Invader and Teal black McCarty. (that guitar now has zebra C-5/59)
                                I honestly grab a different guitar everytime I play. It opens more doors for some reason.

91 Schecter Sunset Custom Tele. This was a handmade model that
                                was made when Schecter had a few luthiers working in Los Angeles.
                                Some guitars just 'have it'. This is one of them. It's truly one of the
                                best playing guitars I've ever picked up. It rings beautifully.

This guitar now has a zebra C-5/59n and Tonepros Adj. McCarty Bridge.
                                Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-25-2004, 06:02 PM.
                                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                                X