Your own personal "Number One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your own personal "Number One"

Number 1 is my first guitar: a 1971 Martin D-35 purchased new in February 1972. It was sweet then and the years have only made it better.
    John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

i really dont know, it would probably be my 93' san dimas III charvel w/ dunacn Custom and 2x dimarzio choppers. but it seems now that i fixed my les paul back up w/ new strings and a super distortion it's been the guitar i've been grabbing every night. sounds so good, but so does my 80's charvel model 1. they all sound so beautiful so it's really hard to compare.
      the les paul(Lester) just looks and sounds so beautiful with the creme pickup and nice top, and the green charvel(watermelon) is just ::drool:: and the charvel model 1(blaze) is just too cool, it looks like a really cheap guitar. something you'd probably get like a squire or seomthing, but it isn't plywood and now it's pimped up! maple fretboards rule!!

Comment

for the time my number one is my blonde tele with antiquities. It feels and sounds great, but in my near future there will be another tele that has a better neck and will have a lighter body. So i think my number one will be replaced soon, but i never want to sell my blonde tele.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Even though I've had high-quality and handmade US intruments that played and sounded great, for sentimental and comfort reasons, my old Epiphone SG Special is #1. It's been stripped and repainted a dozen times. The neck has been refretted, scallopped, drilled for Grovers, etc. The body has numerous holes drilled into into the control cavity, string-thru holes, body filler, scrapes, etc. Pickups, controls, strings, have varied wildly over the years. Currently it's loaded with an Invader and PAF PRO with no controls and 9's. Best tone from it, though, was a Stag Mag/TB-5 Custom with 11's.
          The refret has really hurt the playability and the action has to be high to accomodate them. One day, the neck will get replaced along with the bridge, but the body will stay.

Comment

Hard choice. I like them all, but for different reasons.

But if I had to choose, it would be my Parker Nitefly--Priscilla (She's on the right.)
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I know this is off the thread but how do I post a large Picture all I can get is the size of a postage stamp on manage atachments and it won't allow me anything the size that I see here
              This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
              Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
              Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
              Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

My Wolfgang is the one I allways pick up first.
                ---RCM78

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  It's really difficult to narrow it down to one, but I'd say my Goldtop w/nickel C-5/59n. w/pullup tones to split. Also has Schaller Kluson copy tuners - direct fit.

I think of my main guitar as 4 main guitars. Right now, it's my honeyflame Std. Prem Plus and Sunset Custom Schecter Tele. I also really dig the G&L Invader and Teal black McCarty. (that guitar now has zebra C-5/59)
                  I honestly grab a different guitar everytime I play. It opens more doors for some reason.

91 Schecter Sunset Custom Tele. This was a handmade model that
                  was made when Schecter had a few luthiers working in Los Angeles.
                  Some guitars just 'have it'. This is one of them. It's truly one of the
                  best playing guitars I've ever picked up. It rings beautifully.

This guitar now has a zebra C-5/59n and Tonepros Adj. McCarty Bridge.
                  damn joneser you got some nice stuff

Comment

ESP/ LTD M-100. There's something about this guy that just kicks my ass all over the place. The bridge p/u is a JB Trem that I put the 3 ceramic mags from my Invader in, and it absolutely screams. Its the metallic blue finish. I removed the gloss from the body, and ended up sanding a fake binding strip around it. There's just something about this guitar that is magic.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

This is an easy question for me.
                      My Gibson The Hawk, no doubt about it.
                      You see, Les Paul used to be my dream guitar of all times. Then one day I decided to get a job to buy one. So I got the job, and in less than a year I got a LP Studio. Wine red, chrome hardware, hard case, perfect. And then some 2 1/2 years later, I stumbled upon The Hawk and I was lost. I reserved the guitar and came back with cash the next day.
                      Why? It sounds almost the same as the LP - well, not so round and corpulent, but really close. Plus - it's much lighter and more comfortable, and I love the neck. The LP had that '59 neck carve - too fat for my little hands. This one's not much skinnier but for some reason it feels much better.

And - there are many Les Pauls around, but tell me: do you know a globally renowned player who plays The Hawk? (Not that I'm globally renowned, of course, but I dig having a guitar that's kinda rare).
                      Gibson Hawk Series guitars rule!

Fave SD pups: Duncan Custom, Alnico II Pro, Pearly Gates, Phat Cats; Nashville Studio and Alnico II Pro for Tele; a Sadducer in my Crafter acoustic.

Comment

Working...
                      X