Best 4X12 Cab w/ Vintage 30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best 4X12 Cab w/ Vintage 30s

Trace Elliot makes (or made?) a 4x12 cab with Vintage 30's stock in them. tried one out recently and it sounded great. About $750 new.

Also, Randall makes some cabinets that come stock with Vintage 30's. Check out the Titan and XLT cabinets. They come with the speakers and heavy metal grills like your Genz-Benz. They go for about $800 brand new and are good cabinets.
    Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
    Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
    Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
    Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
    Marshall G15CDR
    Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
    Marshall 1960A
    Boss ME-50
    ...and just a little talent.

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
      MSRP is $800, what is street price? Is Boogie one of those companies where there is no discount? If so, I may be able to get a better deal on the Bogner. I'll have to hit GC tomorrow and check it out.
      pretty much every dealer in the US sells them for $800, i'm going to buy one on thursday not all mesas have vintage 30's, lots have custom 90's or shadows...

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
        Bogner will charge big bucks to put a metal grill on the cab.
        Dude, ENGL cabs come with metal grills:

My Soundclick page.

Comment

Theres another great picture of an ENGL cab.

If you can get them, i think these ENGL cabs will be cheaper than a bogner.
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
            MSRP is $800, what is street price? Is Boogie one of those companies where there is no discount? If so, I may be able to get a better deal on the Bogner. I'll have to hit GC tomorrow and check it out.
            Yeah, it is one of those companies. MSRP is street. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Bogner's cabinets...

Comment

Honestly, most of those expensive cabs are constructed the exact same way...finger jointed birch ply with a plywood back. The difference is sometimes the wood used for the back, or insulation inside. The best cabs have Celestion Vin 30's, birch ply cab, non-particle board back, and Corning insulation to kill vibration and standing waves. If your cab buckles under high volume and has weird resonance on certain notes, try gluing some pink insulation to the inside of the back panel. Just a tip.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X