• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW PRS PICS-drool alert

I'm not a PRS fan...but this, I like.

Comment

That's a real beauty Al. Educations and good jobs lead to some very nice toys in life.

Rosewood necks really are amazing. Now, do you see why they call it "crackwood"?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock
        The clips will have to correspond to the guitar. I don't know though. you have to be a guitar god to match up the clips to that guitar!

CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS!!!
        I am somewhat concerned about that . I am clearly no guitar god as anyone who has heard my previous clips will attest to. However I do play all my guitars and none of them are sitting in storage with their original tags on waiting to hopefully appreciate in value. I think fine guitars are made to be played and enjoyed not put in museums. Thankfully there is no rule that says you can only have a guitar that matches your level of playing

Comment

Originally posted by Al.C
          ... I am clearly no guitar god as anyone who has heard my previous clips will attest to. ...
          as someone who has heard Al absolutely NAIL the santana vibe, chops, and tone on samba pa ti, i can testify that these guitars will be played VERY well

rock on Al

cheers
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock
            The clips will have to correspond to the guitar. I don't know though. you have to be a guitar god to match up the clips to that guitar!

CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS!!!
            I dunno man. If having chops made a person worthy of a certain guitar, I would be playing on a plastic banjo! And if the same thing were true about cars, all those f*cking people with corvettes and porsches would be driving yugos as far as I'm concerned! Besides, some of the greatest guitar players ever recorded some of their best stuff on crappy guitars (page and his danos, EVH and his nasty looking frankenstien)
            Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Originally posted by kaknight
              I dunno man. If having chops made a person worthy of a certain guitar, I would be playing on a plastic banjo! And if the same thing were true about cars, all those f*cking people with corvettes and porsches would be driving yugos as far as I'm concerned! Besides, some of the greatest guitar players ever recorded some of their best stuff on crappy guitars (page and his danos, EVH and his nasty looking frankenstien)
              Ya i know man! I would be playing a matchbox with threads as strings !
              Its very true - gear actually doesn't influence your creative expression (maybe just a little)... Right now i have all the gear i need to record - preamp, thousands of models, good guitars..., but i've just been writing stuff thats uninspired - so it just lays there - tons of it - and i'm not using any of it to make into an actual song...

Aaah Al i'm glad for you man. A thing like this has got to brighten your day every time you get home.
              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
                as someone who has heard Al absolutely NAIL the santana vibe, chops, and tone on samba pa ti, i can testify that these guitars will be played VERY well

rock on Al

cheers
                t4d
                Thanks t4d, now you have really put pressure on me to do some decent clips not just noodling. I can't decide to do them with the MKII or wait until the new ac-30 style amp arrives. Likely I will do both, if I can decide what to do and find the time to do it. I am moving my office in 2 weeks and things are a little hectic at the moment.

Frantic, how is life in TO. I went to UofT.
                Last edited by Al.C; 06-13-2004, 08:18 PM.

Comment

i think i just wet myself!!

Comment

Working...
                  X