Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I need tone pros bridge?

Originally posted by rspst14
    I just put one on my Hamer, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at the results. I bought it because I wanted to be able take all the strings off without losing my bridge height settings. I wasn't really expecting much of a difference in resonance and sustain, but it turned out to have a noticeable difference. Not a night and day difference, but still very noticeable. The improved coupling at the bridge really does make a difference. When I play a note, I can feel the entire body resonate for about 15 seconds. And of course, it never hurts when you can pick up a mint condition used one on Ebay for $40 less than retail, like I did. The Tuneomatic bridge should've been designed that way in the first place.

Ryan
    But finding a used one for an Epi is a little harder to do. There are larger metric posts on an Epi bridge than most other bridge types, and only one TonePros bridge model that fits 'em.
    Check it out:

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline
      on a flat top tele - the tonepros or any other tune-o-matic style bridge, requires a neck pitch (ala prs or gibson) which wil make the neck not meet the fingerboard flat as it should no a tele or strat. thus the only option is a lower profile bridge like the hipshot (which is a very good quality bridge) or a strat style bridge (OR) RECESSING the tuneomatic into the body ala peavey - that how they get around not having a neck angle
      and by neck angle i don't mean the headstock angle
      gotcha...that makes perfect sense...
      Originally posted by jeremy
      God hates bad guitar tone
      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
        BloodRose, you mean 'TonePros Metric Tune-O-Matic Bridge'? It's $50 at GuitarElectronic.com.
        The $50 is just for the bridge. You should really replace both the bridge and tailpiece. Either that, or replace the bridge and get the locking studs to lock the tailpiece you already have.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X