banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Haven't posted my board in ages, just had an update today (polytune 2 noir) so I took a new pic.

G30 wireless > Digitech Drop > MXR Bass Octave > Custom wah (by me) > Polytune 2 noir > Bad Wolf overdrive (by me) > EVH Phase 90 > Boss BF2 Flanger > A/B/Y (not shown since it's not always used) > EVH 50w and a stock '79 Marshall JMP.

The Peak midi controller does the channel switching on the EVH head and controls the G-Major 2 which is in the EVHs FX loop.

and the bottom just because...

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Signal chain:

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> Drybell Vibe Machine -> Trombetta Bone Machine GTx -> Analogman Ge Sunface -> Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe -> Basic Audio Tri/Ram Muff -> Weehbo JMP Drive -> Xotic EP Booster -> Dunlop Volume -> Strymon Mobius -> Strymon Timeline -> Eventide H9. The big and small orange pedals are a Disaster Area MIDI controller and expander switch, and they control the Strymons and the H9. With the MIDI controller I can set patches across three devices. Super awesome.

My board has been the same for a few months now. I wouldn't have the desire to change anything if I hadn't compared my Egnater's plexi channel to the JMP drive through my bassman. The JMP is way flat in comparison, so I'm going to check out the Bogner red and blue pedals. If neither of those tickles my fancy, I'll probably pick up a Catalinbread DLS III and call it a day.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I've been thinking about a Bogner red to use into my '79 JMP with the amp set just a bit broken up so I'd essentially have 3 channels with it, clean-ish amp, Red and Red with boost.
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Ditched the CAE wah and the Mooer. Here's what I have for now. Looking for something new to replace the Half Gainer. Anyone tried the Greer Lightspeed yet?

1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
          1992 Fernandes Telecaster
          2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
          2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
          2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
          2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
          Friedman Runt 50

Comment

The latest incarnation of what I use to hit the front end.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4883.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	5781100

Comment

Still really need to cleanup the wiring as this was more of a "proof of concept", but I really like the variety of pedals. I've been feeding guitars and keyboards through it. The reverbs and delays are great on the keys for looping with the Memory Man, Timeline or El Capistan.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Some of you guys have killer boards.
                Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Here's my current board. Not sure what I want in the empty spot yet, leaning towards a tape delay.

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

(bumping this, instead of creating a new thread for an old topic...)

I never thought I would use pedals ever again (even though I know they've gotten way better than 'back in the day'.) All my previous pedals were stolen at a gig years ago and between the expense of replacement and the fact the music I was playing didn't need effects, I said forget it, I'm done. But based on recent gigging needs (having to sit in and play through other people's amps which aren't my tone and don't do what I need...) I have now once again become "Pedal Man." ...and I'm not even done. This is version 0.5. I have a Visual Sound Time Bandit coming and I need a compressor/limiter still.

Comment

My board changed again...

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                        My board changed again...

I knew you'd have to get a Saucy Box, Mike!
                        By the way, did you refinish the wah red?
                        Originally posted by CrookTele View Post
                        Still love this board. My board is way too big, it needs to go on a diet.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          I knew you'd have to get a Saucy Box, Mike!
                          By the way, did you refinish the wah red?
                          It was designed by Jeorge Tripps and it's black and bright pink, of course I had to buy it lol. Bonus points for it being awesome as a boost for Ch2 of my EVH. I have a lot of faith in Tripps ears for creating pedals. Even if it's not a pedal for me and my style I never heard one that I thought sounded bad in any way, always good sounds to be found in any Way Huge pedal. So as soon as the Saucy went up for sale I ordered it.

That wah is one I fully gutted aside from the board and jacks and rebuilt replacing every component in it. It was a factory limited run red sparkle finish to start, so no refin. This is the inside of it now...

I've got another wah out at paint now getting a wild custom refin though.
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I got a couple new pedals and a couple more inbound. Will post my refurbished board soon. Heck, I'll only have one pedal left that I had on my board before summer. My board is smallish tho. 6 pedals + the double footswitch for the AC30. Remade board will have one less pedal (replacing 2 with 1).

Comment

Mine ended up looking like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	925908_261346557403867_929028608_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	5781350
                              Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Just redid the board. Now for the verbose post-game highlights:

A/B box plus buffer: Stuffed into an old Mesa channel switch box. LED's for the A/B come out the box on a 45 degree angle so I always know which cable is active.
                                Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah: Modified with a hacksaw. I did NOT need that silly extension for the on/off switch.
                                Dual loop box: One loops the entire remainder of the board, the other loops an analog octave pedal (hidden underneath the board) and the old Boss Dynamic Filter and is powered by an EMG boost circuit. This way, the octave pedal gets a strong signal so it tracks better.
                                Double Back Compressor
                                Wampler Clarksdale (new to me):Seriously awesome TS-based circuit plus 3-band EQ. The EQ points are all TOTALLY usable. The treble is treble, mids are mids, bass is bass. Totally intuitive. The finest TS+3-band EQ I've ever played.
                                4 loop box:
                                Loop 1: MIJ Boss Super Overdrive
                                Loop 2: Pigtronix Aria Disnortion
                                Loop 3: TWA FB02/SC02 Overdrive: Another TS-based circuit, E.W.S. Little Brute Drive: Another crunch circuit.
                                Loop 4: Ibanez Fat Cat:A Rat clone/variant, Modified Ibanez LA Metal This pedal is said to be close to the Fat Cat, built on the same PCB, but quite different. I didn't mod it to be more like the Fat Cat, rather a ripping, chaotic drive, perfect for stuff like The Kinks and My Sharona.
                                Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (new to me): Crunch, brown, lots of hot gain on tap
                                Wampler Thirty Something (new to me): Insanely awesome sounding Vox in a box
                                Twin Tube Blue
                                Loop toggle box: Toggles between two loops. One is a pass through when nothing is plugged in, the other will get an old Ibanez Stereo Chorus in that empty space to the right, set for Leslie stuff using the inverted output. Point is, with that other loop I can go to an amp if I want and have the Deja Vu in the FX loop of the amp. I can send and return from the pedalboard between gain and time based effects, or just to hot swap any other pedals I feel like on any given day, which is what the empty spot is for.
                                Deja Vu + DOD Volume (and wah) in the wet loop

Most of the board is wired with Lava Cable Mini Ultramafic wire, though lots of it soldered to pancake plugs, as well as the Lava right angle soldered and straight solderless connectors, whatever fit the layout. Sounds great, just played it this weekend and got some compliments on the new tones.

Comment

Working...
                                X