• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MXR Classic Overdrive good?

Damn. Seller disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love mine. Its my favorite choice to overdrive the dirty channel of my Rivera.

Comment

I give it 2.5 stars. 5 stars being a Klon, 4 stars a KoT, 2 Stars a Joyo, and 1 star a Fullbore Metal and the like. Its about as good as a Bad Monkey. I don't really care for any of those low priced OD/Dist. pedals, but thats just me.
        Last edited by MetalManiac; 05-14-2014, 06:53 PM.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          I give it 2.5 stars. 5 stars being a Klon, 4 stars a KoT, 2 Stars a Joyo, and 1 star a Fullbore Metal and the like. Its about as good as a Bad Monkey. I don't really care for any of those low priced OD/Dist. pedals, but thats just me.
          That's cause you listen to the dollar sign.
          Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
            That's cause you listen to the dollar sign.
            it's amazing what you can accomplish when you use your ears and not your eyes.

Im sure that's what Gibson said about their special and studio models...

Comment

My feeling on price vs. quality changed a lot after I went from being in a band to playing for fun. When I was in a band, I only had room for a few pedals on stage, so I had to pick one or two dirt boxes, and I wanted to make the best impression I could, and I didn't have a lot of time and money to try out a lot of dirt boxes, so I just Googled around and it seemed to be at the time that the Maxon OD-808 and/or the Full Drive II was "the best", so I bought those and moved on to the next concern. Now I have no concern for floor space, or making good impressions, and I saw that there were pedals on the market for $30 - $50 that were pretty hard to distinguish from the $150 Maxon OD808, so I bought some just for fun, and I found out two awesome things 1) they are certainly no worse than $150+ pedals, and 2) the differ slightly from expensive versions that make them interesting and unique in their own right. Some are smoother, some are gritty, some have a fizz in the treble range, some have gut level growl, etc. I actually think a cheap pedal is a let down if it sounds too close to the expensive version. The EHX East River Drive sounds so much like the Maxon OD808 that I have less inclination to add it to the chain.

Comment

I had the fulldrive II. It sounded good but honestly it seemed like it wasn't worth the price.

Comment

The MXR Classic Overdrive is great value for the money. Scored mine for 20 bucks at GC when they were on sale a few months ago. It definitely gets the job done when you want some extra juice. I'm probably gonna use it live for a pedal to bang around on, and not feel too upset if it were to get stolen or something, (Which won't seem too likely)

Comment

Working...
                  X