Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

Alright guys, as the title says, I need a Reverb pedal.

Reason being, for one, I love Reverb, secondly, my amp's Reverb isn't quite cutting it for me. I use a Noise Gate quite often, and unfortunately, the Reverb on the amp tends to disappear when the Noise Gate is engaged, so therefore, it is utterly useless. It can only be activated with the footswitch that came with my amp, and there is no way to run that through my effects loop. Now, I will say, for anyone who owns a Mesa Mark V, you know what I'm talking about. If there is a way that I can somehow make the Reverb more usable, then please, feel free to inform me. Otherwise, keep reading.

That being said, a Reverb pedal through my effects loop would work absolute wonders for me. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin when it comes to Reverb pedals. There are so many out there (That could also go for many other types of effects, but I digress), and I need to try out a few to pick out the one I like the best. So I've decided I'll let some of you throw some suggestions my way.

GO!

Re: Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

TC Electronics Hall of Fame. Versatile, easy to use, and has infinite possibilities with the tone print editor. If you like spring reverb, I would go with the EHX holy grail. If you need the shimmer effect, go Strymon.
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

I really like my Hall of Fame.

Very happy
      -IM

Comment

RV3!

Comment

The ultimate

Comment

I got the Hall of Fame mini ,don't really like any of the toneprints. It does reverb and it is a small pedal. I want a fender 1963 spring reverb $699 brand new , awful pricey but I am sure that is the one for me. The Demeter Reverbulator is way up there for top of the line reverb also. I have issues with reverb in my Prosonic it is beyond annoying .
            Originally posted by Oinkus
            I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Digitech Digiverb (One of the cheapest options) or Digitech Hardwire Reverb (One of the better options)

Comment

I've got a Danelectro Spring King and I like it a lot ! Very simple and warm, oh, and it's not very expensive , so it's always a plus !
                You should give one a try, you might be surprised !

Comment

What are you looking for? Spring? Plate? Room/Hall? Subtle for a little "air" or big, lush and an obvious effect? Modulation? Shimmer?
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You cannot go wrong with an EHX Holy Grain. Great sounding reverb!

Comment

tech 21 has a great sound
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Get two cheaper ones, not one massive flagship one. One for in front of the preamp and one for the effects loop. Really swamp up the tone.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
                        Originally posted by Funkfingers
                        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Holy Grail for Spring
                          Hall of Fame for Hall
                          Supermoon for Modulated Verb
                          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

So far, I think the EHX Holy Grail is intriguing me the most.

Comment

Take a look at the Strymon Flint. It's the pedal i'd buy if I absolutely needed a reverb pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X