Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A/B switch? Would this work?

no, diff cabs bro. 3 dedicated rigs.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

OK, cool. Then an A/B switch would work for two. An A/B/Y switch would work and give you two rigs separate or together but if you want all 3, you need a switch that has one input (guitar) and 3 switchable outputs (each amp rig).

You need this to switch between the 3 of them: http://www.loop-master.com/product_i...roducts_id=154

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        OK, cool. Then an A/B switch would work for two. An A/B/Y switch would work and give you two rigs separate or together but if you want all 3, you need a switch that has one input (guitar) and 3 switchable outputs (each amp rig).

You need this to switch between the 3 of them: http://www.loop-master.com/product_i...roducts_id=154
        With that one you can only choose one amp on at a time, you can't combine amps.

You need this one to choose either one, two, or three amps on in any combination.

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Morley ABC Selector Combiner Switch at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Or this one that has a built-in boost.

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Morley George Lynch Tripler Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

If your combining any amps at the same time you should be using an active switcher with a buffer. If your only planning on using one at a time a passive one (like the bigshot listed above, although thats only for two) will do the trick.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

The Morley stuff doesn't have transformer isolated outputs... you'll need them. Lehle and Radial have really good transformers.

The Radial stuff is a little cheaper and some models contain Jensen transformers. I have had a problem with my Lehle P-Split II so I can't recommend their stuff, go Radial.
            Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
            X