ELECTRO-HARMONIX B9 ORGAN MACHINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ELECTRO-HARMONIX B9 ORGAN MACHINE

It sounds more like a Conn Organ than a Hammond that the B9 name alludes to.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I know there are Hammond B3 organ with 122 Leslie being use out in the music world... BUT I have never heard of a Hammond B9!

E-H must have wanted to market a copy of the sound with nine (9) different settings...

Now, I can put my GR-33 in the tool shed and start using a E-H B9 with the Lex for that sweet sound.

Only problem is having to wait for Sweetwater to ship it to my US house, then ship it to China - 8~9 week wait for sure, plus customs and shipping.
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I played with one a few days ago. It sounds pretty good and it's a LOT of fun!!

My only forewarning is that in order to get the kind of nice clear, consistent sound and attack the guy in the demo vid from EHX gets, your playing has to be really spot on. The clear, consistent sound and attack has to come from YOU.

If you play kind of softly, or you have sloppy technique or a lot of halfhearted notes, you're not going to get it to sound like that - the pedal needs strong inputs to really give up the goods. I'm not saying you have to play hard, but it's not forgiving of sloppy technique or wishy-washy notes.

That being said were I in a classic rock cover band I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

Comment

hey brenneaux, howboutcha record a demo video of yourself playing the Highway Star solo
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
            hey brenneaux, howboutcha record a demo video of yourself playing the Highway Star solo
            One of my buddies has a Marshall JVM210H and a bunch of other cool pedals plus the B9 - I think that can be arranged!

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
              Doesn't the EHX Freeze pedal do that?
              In my opinion the sound of a note or chord sustained by the EHX Freeze morphs into a very thin, highly digitized (lack of) tone.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I played one last night. There are a lot of useable tones. I was not too impressed with the cathedral setting, not a great pipe organ sound. For $210 I almost picked it up but I don't think I would use it much. In the rare case I need an organ tone I would most likely use my guitar synth which blows it away tone wise. It has a lot of pros and cons like anything, if I didn't have the Kurzweil I would have probably picked it up. As others have said the B3 setting is not a B3 not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  To get massive sustain just hold the note.

Got mine about 2 weeks ago, finally came off of backorder, had my first gig with it today.

It is as great as advertised.
                  I would really like to hear a subsequent, more detailed, report after you've used it for a while.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
                  X