All The MIDIs are Belong to Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All The MIDIs are Belong to Me

The cost helped sway me from it too but even more so the complexity it would add to how I use my rig when it's supposed to be making it easier. Right now my midi pedal switches my g-major 2 and my EVH 50w channels and I do the pedal stomping on my own for the pedals out front of the amp (only 5 not counting the tuner and wireless receiver on the board) and switching to the crocodile tail would make it a cleaner signal path thanks to the loops but then when I want to randomly stack pedals, change amp channels or g-major patches it would be a nightmare to remember what bank I had the preset saved in that stacked pedals X+Y+Z on Ch2 of the amp with the G-Major in this setting or that and I'm confused just writing that lol.

I do really like their loopers with built in power supplies, that's a cool idea, nice and small too.
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
      That's no excuse dude, Disaster Area stuff is basically plug and play. I would understand if you were talking about something like a Midi Moose but DA makes it incredibly easy. Just cable up and BAM! you're MIDI-ing.
      I actually got a bit winded reading that I have to go lie down for a bit.

Comment

LOL
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

When do we get to hear this sorcery?
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I will be taking receipt of my newest acquisition next week. The MIDI controller should be there sometime as well. I will be at least putting up a cell phone clip at that point, and I'd like to do a demo sometime soon. I just need to pick up another mic so I can record in stereo. A lot of the H9's awesomeness is not fully captured in mono.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Jordan, you're an animal, an ANIMAL... I tell 'ya!
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                I will be taking receipt of my newest acquisition next week. The MIDI controller should be there sometime as well. I will be at least putting up a cell phone clip at that point, and I'd like to do a demo sometime soon. I just need to pick up another mic so I can record in stereo. A lot of the H9's awesomeness is not fully captured in mono.
                Amen on the H9 statement! Wait a minute - did that count as a religious statement? :/

I'll be waiting for the review - I need something to control my Triaxis. Something a MIDIot could operate.

Comment

They don't currently offer Triaxis control software, but Disaster Area is known to whip up custom software for free. They might make yours for free, or very cheap considering it's a completely different unit than what they're used to making software for. But DA gear is absolutely MIDIot proof. When I got the first unit I just had to make sure all of the midi settings on my Strymons were set right and I was off.
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
                    Jordan, you're an animal, an ANIMAL... I tell 'ya!
                    You think this is bad, just wait until next month.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

This thing is beyond awesome. You have no idea how convenient it is to be able to, at the tap of a single button, go from say a phaser with delay and reverb to a leslie tone, and then with another button touch to from that to chorus into an ice delay.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Working...
                      X