What fuzz do I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What fuzz do I want?

Im a bassist, that chipmunk sound hurts my ears!!!

Comment

you could always buy a fulltone octafuzz or the hartman octave fuzz. They both have octave on/off switches and without the octave effect on they are both pretty sexy sounding silicon fuzzes.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Looked up the behringer and it actually sounded pretty awesome so I bought one. Even if it only lasts a month (which is entirely possible), $25 doesn't hurt too bad at all. Plus it should come in just before practice this week, so I can put it through its paces for real. And if that does the trick, perhaps then I'll pick up a real FZ-2.

Lots of cool pedals recommended here though, I'll probably pick up another couple (different styled) fuzzes around the holidays. Probably a Pharaoh Supreme and then something oddball.
        Last edited by ex-250; 10-19-2014, 08:57 AM.
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

If you hit more than 3 strings on the fz2 it farts out. Also, due to cheap build quality, you can slide the voicing between the vintage and modern and it gives you both blended. Also...I love the boost mode. It's a clean boost with a very powerful eq.
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

cool fuzzes! congrats. good plan. better title for this thread: What fuzzES do I want?

Comment

That is all.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Wampler leviathan:

Comment

If you want to delve deeeeeeeeeeep, watch this and then start thinking about which clone direction you would want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                    Come, come, Into my Coven...

Comment

The Behringer just came in and its pretty close. A little too much gain and a little too little scrambly octave chaos, but otherwise pretty damn close. Heres a quick test…

It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

wow that sounds wicked as well! that playing reminds me of Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats:

Comment

Yeah that song does have an Uncle Acid vibe to it. I honestly can't remember if I wrote it before or after I saw them recently, I'll have to check the files.

Comment

ha! I might of called it. I see they just had a US tour, here are their dates:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I don't know what the fz2 was based on, if anything. It is an octavy muddle though....sounds great with bass.

Glad it got you a little closer though. Fender Blender or Ampeg Scrambler maybe?

Comment

Not sure if it would work for you, but the EHX Satisfaction blew me away when I tried it...it was exactly what I've been looking for--perfect for the classic rock/oldie covers I do. I'm going to check out a couple of others, but this one is at the top of my list at the moment. And for the money, this one has to rate as a "Best Buy".

Bill
                                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X