banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once you go stereo...you don't go back !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once you go stereo...you don't go back !

do you actually lug all that to a gig ??? Looks like overkill unless you are playing Arenas lol
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      ...but here's my favorite setup:

Where do you live? I'm gonna burgle your joint

Comment

Haha. I usually take the 69 Bassman and the Emperor 2x12 to gigs
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Haha. I usually take the 69 Bassman and the Emperor 2x12 to gigs
          Nice!! That alone sounds pretty loud!

I have been wondering about those Emperor cabs. I want to find a builder who can make me a 4x10 cab to go with my 1x15 for my Ampeg head. I hear Emperor is expensive though?
          Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
          Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Yeah its loud enough... Their cabs look amazing and this one has Swamp Thangs making it a 300w 2x12 that I can safely run my Sunn or Orange into. When I put one of my 4x12s on top of it, its like a subwoofer.

I scored mine in a trade so I honestly have no idea what price was like on these, but I'm pretty sure they're out of business... Just keep your eyes peeled for an Ampeg 4x10
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I scored mine in a trade so I honestly have no idea what price was like on these, but I'm pretty sure they're out of business... Just keep your eyes peeled for an Ampeg 4x10
              Yeah I found that out after looking them up after that post. Looks like that Jim Marshall comment they made on facebook really ruined them..... Kinda deserved it though if they had their heads that far up their own butts that they felt they had the right to put down a legendary figure who just DIED.

Have not seen many Ampeg 4x10 guitar cabs. Plenty of the newer bass ones though...I'll keep an eye out though. Love Ampeg stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                two amps can sound amazing but not always practical live. i do it for trio gigs when i can but thats about it. too much to haul, setup, and mic but also sound guys usually cant mix for **** with one amp let alone two.

for the trio gigs i use two it makes the rotosphere sound incredible
                I struggled using two Mesa Boogie DC-10 for a while to do exactly that and while it sounded fantastic, it proved too much to balance (Even with two identical model amps) and then the sound man always wanted to set up only one amp and kept up with his excuses that all comes out the PA the same… egh!
                Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
                  I like stereo so much I got a rack...

Triaxis & 2:90 with 2 Theile cabs with EV's. 2 H9's and Lexicon PCM81 between the Pre and power amps.
                  I ran a stereo rack system throughout the 90s. It was cool, but not the same as running two completely different tube heads or combos at once. I find that different amps can compliment each other... one's weakness is another's strength, yin/yang, etc. So the sum of 1+1 becomes 3. Because an entirely new beast is created that sounds much bigger, fuller, and "3D" than two of the exact same thing. I used to run a pair of stereo Traynor YCS 100 tube heads into a pair of Marshall 1960A cabs. It sounded good, but still just sounded like "more" of what I had with just one. Whereas when I started using various amps of differing characteristics together, that's when I really noticed how much bigger my tone was. Been doing it ever since.
                  "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                    I find that different amps can compliment each other... one's weakness is another's strength, yin/yang, etc. So the sum of 1+1 becomes 3. Because an entirely new beast is created that sounds much bigger, fuller, and "3D" than two of the exact same thing..
                    I agree... I don't bring my amps to the rehearsal room as they have 2 Marshall JCM2000 DSL half stacks but I decided to bring my Ampeg GVT15H head for one side and it was way better. Like you mentioned it creates a more 3D sound....It is a balancing act at first though especially if you A/B the amps for a crosstalk effect during songs.

Comment

Working...
                    X