• Show
Clear All

• New Tiny Board THE ESSENTIALS!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415507401.957916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	5835086

I've got a nice smallish pedal train board with 7 pedals crammed on it. Even a nice bag to carry it. I live in New York and play a lot of small jammy gigs so I wanted to make a small board that can fit into the front pouch of a standard gig bag. It's just annoying carrying around a nice guitar and a pedalboard on the train or bus. I originally had a few pedals that weren't on the main board that I settled on. I used it at a show with pretty good results, going into a Fender Excelsior. Just a basic delay, an SD1, and a Lovepedal Amp50, a very nifty boost.

I realized I ended up taking out the new tiny board more often so I decided to put a few of my favorite more useful and classy pedals on the board. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Something swooshy, a fantastic OD with a boost, and a multi functional delay. Those are the essentials for me.

Any other "Essential" boards out there?

Guitar->pedals->amp
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Re: New Tiny Board THE ESSENTIALS!

Soon

My board weighs about 70 lbs. I never grow weary of using effects, but I hate lugging the monster around. I need less.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I kinda have two board, one contains a tuner+phaser+wah+od+delay, the other is a boss gt10 multi unit. Both end up being about equal in weight & size. Lately i've been wanting to add a dd3 to my pedal board since i've got the memory boy delay that i mostly use for slapback. But then i came across the zoom ms70cdr recently & can't decide what to get to add to the board, although i'm much more leaning towards the zoom for the flange & dynamic delay & verb fx.

Comment

I use the Pedaltrain Nano for the same reason.

Where about in NYC are you? I live in deep South Brooklyn, work in Manhattan mostly.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
          My board weighs about 70 lbs. I never grow weary of using effects, but I hate lugging the monster around. I need less.
          And I thought my 45lb monster was bad.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I've been using my Tech21 FlyRig5 exclusively for the past few months...don't even need an amp. However, I think I need to make a tiny board kind of like yours so I add my phaser and wah to it.

Comment

Working...
            X