Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD/Fuzz or Fuzz/OD

For those who, ocassionally if not always, run both at the same time:

What two pedals are you using, and what is your preference for order?

It is time to rebuild my board because many pedals have changed, and naturally I will experiment to see if I still prefer my current order which is Black Arts Pharoah into Piedmont Aluminum Falcon II, but I am curious as to what others prefer.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: OD/Fuzz or Fuzz/OD

Fuzz (Fuzz Face, Tonebender, etc.) into OD, but a Pharaoh is a Russian Muff derivative and I put muffs after OD. I very rarely combine OD and Muff though, they have enough gain on their own and get out of control with clipping or a hot signal feeding it for me.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I use a pedal palette to control sequencing of pedals.

This way I can have fuzz into OD; then click a button and have OD into fuzz... all in one easy click of a button.

Fuzz = Wampler Velvet Fuzz
      OD = Wampler Euphoria
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Depends. I run them both ways and use the one that sounds best. However, the JCollocia Horus is my foundation; EVERYTHING else comes after the Horus.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I've only done fuzz before od. It's been a germanium ff and a ts808. It smooths out the sputter, tightens the low end, and makes a cool fluid kind of fuzz. I only used that combo at home though, I haven't found a use for it in a band setting.
          Originally posted by Rockstar216
          Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Tried both, and really I prefer OD then Fuzz, but the OD acts more as a clean boost (and a bit of treble boost as well). Bad Monkey into a Big Muff, I can get tighter lows that way. And it brings the Electric Wizard tones really close!

Comment

I checked my session notes from the last album I recorded just to see what I ended up keeping when recording guitar parts, and discovered that typically I ran the order of foundation/OD > fuzz > boost.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
              X