Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal fo da metal

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
    I just looked these up and saw they had a 2 version of all the pedals as well. Why aren't these more well known and are some of the best sounding dirt/preamp pedals i've heard. I was looking into the Wampler Tri rec but I think ill get one of these now.
    The x2 models have more features, I've always been just fine with the x1 versions.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      The Jackhammer's good, but I really dislike the distortion mode. It kills the highs and adds too much bass.
      The overdrive mode still puts out a lot of gain, and it's much more transparent.
      IMO it can do classic and modern metal all day long in OD mode but you'll need a pickup on the hot side of things, otherwise it won't be compressed enough.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

One of my friends had an AMT M1 and it was really cool. I almost bought a P1 or P2 based solely on how good that sounded.

I'd give the Wampler Sovereign a listen as well.

WAMPLER PEDALS - SOVEREIGN DISTORTION DEMO: https://youtu.be/L4Mzz1J2DsU
        Originally posted by Rockstar216
        Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

I'd try a TS808 into the Hi input of a JCM800. That is the best "pedal"
          hi-gain tone I've ever heard, personally. Very "scrapy" and aggressive.
          "From forest caves and azure skies,
          we crashed upon this earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattallica View Post
            I'd try a TS808 into the Hi input of a JCM800. That is the best "pedal"
            hi-gain tone I've ever heard, personally. Very "scrapy" and aggressive.
            Sorry but what sort of advice is this? The guy asks for a pedal suggestion with his rig... tells us his rig ...and you say hey what you need is a new pedal and an amp!

I really fail to see the logic in suggesting this
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
              Sorry but what sort of advice is this? The guy asks for a pedal suggestion with his rig... tells us his rig ...and you say hey what you need is a new pedal and an amp!

I really fail to see the logic in suggesting this
              Just trying to be helpful! No need to browbeat me. **** you Edgecrusher!
              "From forest caves and azure skies,
              we crashed upon this earth."

Comment

It's all good bros! I just took Mattallica's answer to be the "fuggedaboutit" category, lol. I really appreciate all the advice. I wish I knew someone with that 808, because it seems that a lot of guys use it and swear by it. Love to hear it in person. I have a TS9 (newer) and it seems to take a lot of the "body" out of the sound when I use it. I tried using a GE7 to bring it back, but it was all mush. Nothing good, lol. Then again, I WAS using these with a Peavey Windsor, so....
                My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Working...
                X