Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compression pedal &lt; 50$

*snirk*
    Last edited by jtougas; 05-14-2015, 05:06 PM. Reason: more of a giggle than a LOL...
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I have the Joyo Compressor
      I like it
      it adds some sustain
      its a mild effect unless you are listening for it
      at about $30 from Amazon
      its in the range
      I think it falls closer to the CS3 than the Dynacomp
      my buddy has a DynaComp and he doesn't think its as good
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've owned three Dyna Comps over the years. I had a new about 10-12 years ago. I sold it when I bought an older one with no LED. I sold that one a few years later in a fit of madness when I sold all my pedals. I now own another new one. I'm not crazy about the new ones, but I loved the no LED one. I sold a few other things while I was in that mode that I regret.

I can't wait to ditch the one I'm using now for an Ego or SP Comp.
        Go Packers!

Comment

I agree with SnakeAces. If you can, find a Boss CS-3. It's a solid compressor, and at some point, I bet there's a mod you can do to give it even more bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            I agree with SnakeAces. If you can, find a Boss CS-3. It's a solid compressor, and at some point, I bet there's a mod you can do to give it even more bottom end.
            There are many mod kits available or places you can mail your pedal to that will mod it for you. The price range of mod kits vary but even the places you can send the pedal to get the mods only charge around $60 to $80 plus return shipping. I ordered a mod kit recently that was put together by a forum bro here and I can't wait for it to arrive!

In the end you can get a very usable CS-3 used for under $50 usually and when you save up a bit more $ you can mod it or get it modded for under $100 to end up with a pedal that is awesome!
            Soundcloud

Comment

^^
              I concur.
              BTW, a compressor is one of those effects that you WANT to be as transparent as possible. You almost don't want to hear it working. It should just sound "good" when it's on.

Comment

Thanks everyone for useful info! What about T-Rex Comp Nova? I've heard great things about it and I can get one for 80$ (used).
                Last edited by guitarplayer100; 05-15-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

No experience with it personally, but you can find one dude's opinions on it here: http://www.ovnilab.com/ Written by a bass player and they have different needs than guitarists, but still some interesting info there.
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
                  X