banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who loaned me the Keeley modded Blues Driver, many moons ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who loaned me the Keeley modded Blues Driver, many moons ago?

I just did the Monte Allums mod, (top of the page), to mine, and I'd like to return the favor. See how they sound side-by-side.

Unfortunately, I didn't record anything with mine before I did the mods. So it's hard for me to contrast the new to the old. All I can say is, it sounds killer. This is definitely one of my top 3 Distortion/OD's. I'll try to post some clips this coming weekend.

Artie

Re: Who loaned me the Keeley modded Blues Driver, many moons ago?

I generally remember no more than one or two moons back, but think I loaned it to you. Ultimately I sold it.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 05-07-2015, 05:11 AM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
      Ultimately I sold it.
      Really? That was one of the best distortion pedals I've ever heard. What, if anything, did you replace it with?

If you'd like to check this one out, drop me a PM.

Artie

Comment

On my first pedal board I had an Analogman Boss SD-1 TS808 Silver Mod running into the Keeley BD-2 w/ Phat mod. It was a great set-up. After some time I accidentally gave away the Boss and replaced it with an MI Audio Crunch Box and ultimately with an AnalogMan modded Maxon SD-9. One iteration later I started running a KOT into a Fulltone OCD both of which I thought cleaned up a little better than the BD-2.

In any case, I have a few more ODs and and distortion pedals I no longer use as I am currently enjoying using a Pharaoh fuzz and a Klon(ish) OD.

I can't be absolutely sure why I sold the BD-2. I'm almost certain I loaned it to someone who liked it so much that they asked to buy it ... and since I wasn't using it ... you know.

Since then I have grown reluctant to sell pedals. Tastes change, and it's always fun to revisit the effects that have been temporarily shelved.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
          Since then I have grown reluctant to sell pedals. Tastes change, and it's always fun to revisit the effects that have been temporarily shelved.
          Yes. I get this. Drop me a PM. I'd love to hear what you think of this.

Artie

Comment

Not that I did, but I just want to give a shout out to anyone using Keeley products. I found out about them about 8 years ago and love their stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X