Noise Supressors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Noise Supressors?

If you only play with distortion on then ISP Decimator II should be enough but when switching to clean you may need to turn it off. If you want to switch from clean to distortion back and forth the Decimator Ii G-String is the one, it tracks the clean guitar input to trigger the noise gate to control whatever is in its loop. You just can't go wrong with Decimators.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhelmet View Post
      I just read through the Rocktron manual and indeed it does work the same. Hadn't seen that one before. Nice find.
      Wasn't the owner of ISP a co-founder of Rocktron? I think that explains a bit why they have similar approach.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

The difference between a noise gate & noise suppressor don't make sense to me. Maybe on a pc you get different things but in the pedal form aren't these essentially doing the same thing? The boss ns2 has the feature to control the decay which the isp gstring doesn't. Otherwise they all seem to be variations of the same principal function, gating the signal by adjusting the threshold, some with more controls available than others. Perhaps the difference lies in the marketing name chosen by the brand here?

The ehx hum debugger is a different thing, where i think it phase cancels 60 cycle hum from single coils, would this be considered as a noise suppressor without the ability to gate? If so then are there other pedals like it?

Comment

I'll even add that the G String II with the loop is better than the first version and the version with no loop. I've owned all of them. The rackmount is the only one that does not do anything to your clean tones and even does a pretty good job with rolled back volume. A close second is the G String II with the loop. I've used the NS-2, older Decimator with no loop and the built in one in my G Major 2,and none even come close to those.

Comment

I have used the older rocktron hush pedals.

I currently use the ISP decimator in a pedal, not the version 2, but the original one.
            It is flat amazing, no sag in tone, only cuts the hiss/noise.
            My favorite by far.
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Depends how you're using it and what noise you want to eliminate. I have both an NS-2 and an ISP Decimator, the G string version.

I use both as a gate for the overdrive pedal to go in a loop, so a bit like an X formation. So the overdrive is going in the loop of the pedal to tame any noise it would amplify when kicked on. Works a treat and doesn't colour my tone.

Comment

Working...
              X