X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal Order

I'm currently really happy with this:

Guitar>Tuner>Compressor>Wah>Fuzz>Overdrive>Delay>A mp

I'm currently in the market for a new chorus pedal but if I did have one at the moment I would likely place it after the wah/before the fuzz pedal unless it sounded better after the dirt but before the delay.
    Last edited by Snake Aces; 07-31-2015, 02:52 PM.
    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I just want to point out that "Classic" EVH was delay (Echoplex) into gain as well. (Plate reverb added at the desk)
      He did/does all pedals infront of Marshall on 10 or his distorzed EVH amp nowadays... He probbably didn't even have fx loop (not quite sure about that) but he just prefers to put his effects infront.

This setup works for me:
      tuner>compressor>drive>boost>flanger>delay
      Last edited by guitarplayer100; 08-01-2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Guitar > tuner > low gain > med gain > high gain > boost > chorus > delay > amp
        Originally posted by Myaccount876
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I'm mostly orthodox, but I do have a little weirdness built in by running one verb before a distortion (bordering on fuzz) because I dig the crazy wash of noise that creates.

Guitar-> compressor-> light OD (with boost option that largely goes unused, but is there if I want to drive the next pedal harder-> amp-in-box set to medium drive-> Reverb 1-> big nasty distortion-> chorus-> trem-> delay-> Reverb 2-> amp, set clean.
          ---------------------------
          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I don't use a lot of pedals, the only "effect" I have is an Ibanez tubescreamer. I'm on a wireless now too, so from the guitar its wireless transmitter into receiver, into Boss TU-2, into ISP Decimator IN, out of that into the Tubescreamer, and out from that into the return of the ISP. Out from there into the amp. That's it!

I know that you should have your wah and tuners nearest to your guitar, overdrives and compression next and delays and modulation effects last, or preferably in the FX loop of your amp (if it has one).

Comment

The volume pedal & chorus might be better of in the amps loop if it has one, otherwise the volume pedal at the end before delay/reverb going into the amp input. The od & distortion pedals will have to moved around to find qhat works better.

Comment

My pedal order like this:

ISP Decimator II G-String guitar in>tc electronics tuner>AMT japanese girl mini wah>Fulltone OCD>amp fx send>ISP Decimator II G-String Decimator in>MXR 10 band EQ>EH Electric Mistress>TC Electronics Flashback X4>AMT Reverberry>amp fx return

In other words:
                Gate (tracking)
                Tuner
                Wah
                Overdrive
                Amp fx send
                Gate (actual gating)
                EQ
                Flanger/chorus
                Delay
                Reverb
                Amp fx return
                Jackson Soloist/EMG 81,85
                Ibanez Artist/GL Screamin Demon BR, Ibanez N
                Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul/EMG 81,85

Mostly Metal, Mostly Heavy, 35 years

Comment

Originally posted by DeadandBuried View Post

I know that you should have your wah and tuners nearest to your guitar, overdrives and compression next and delays and modulation effects last, or preferably in the FX loop of your amp (if it has one).
                  I do not know too many people who wouldn't put the compressor towards the front of the chain but I'm sure they're out there. Personally I wouldn't want to compress after the wah ever but maybe that's just me.
                  Soundcloud

Comment

guitar > NS-2 (input) > (from NS2- SEND) octaver > compressor > wah > overdrive > distortion (to NS-2 return) > (from NS-2 output) chorus > flanger > delay

Very happy with this chain!!

Comment

OD in front of the distortion.
                      After the distortion is a recipe for mud

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Guitar into compression, overdrive, distortion and then a clean boost, then the amp and whatever onboard effects it has.

Comment

Guitar in to OCD > Boss BF-2 Flanger > TC Electronics PolyTune > Amp.

I prefer the tuner at the end of the chain. This way when I engage it, it mutes the entire pedalboard.

Comment

Hopefully be trying to apply some of this soon-ish,so Thanx!
                            "Scalloped & Stickered"
                            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
                            X