X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimijames
    replied
    Re: New Pedaltrain Day!

If you're considering a buffer make sure to look at (1) ep-style boost/buffers and (2) split rail op-amp boost/buffers.

I've used both and seriously they are magic. Just different flavors though

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by Grindspine View Post
    The Crybaby mini is great! The sweep feels pretty good, though I usually take my foot away once I find a sweet spot and leave it as a fixed filter. I used to use a Q-zone pedal as a fixed wah, this one has a better range of tonal responses though; the mini has a three position switch inside for high 60's style wah, classic Crybaby, or low/vocal wah. The low vocal mode works really well for a low-mid filter for high gain sounds. There is an automatic 17 db (or thereabouts) boost as soon as the pedal is engaged, so there is no loss of volume.

Overall, I like it. It certainly doesn't hurt that it is like half the size and weight of a traditional wah casing.
    Good info! Was wondering how the Minis were myself. I had NO idea they had the switch for the diff voicing ...

Leave a comment:

• stevie_bees
    replied

I'd stick on a delay and be done! Until the next must have pedal appears...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Grindspine
    replied

The Crybaby mini is great! The sweep feels pretty good, though I usually take my foot away once I find a sweet spot and leave it as a fixed filter. I used to use a Q-zone pedal as a fixed wah, this one has a better range of tonal responses though; the mini has a three position switch inside for high 60's style wah, classic Crybaby, or low/vocal wah. The low vocal mode works really well for a low-mid filter for high gain sounds. There is an automatic 17 db (or thereabouts) boost as soon as the pedal is engaged, so there is no loss of volume.

Overall, I like it. It certainly doesn't hurt that it is like half the size and weight of a traditional wah casing.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied

Very cool, the Volto is a great bit of kit too.

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

That looks really nice! Congrats. Instead of cramming them together, why not just spread them out?

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied

Simple & sweet, very nice! I'm pretty sure mine would eat yours???

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Cool! Needs a fuzz along with the echo puss.

How is the mini crybaby?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Tasty little board!

Leave a comment:

• Grindspine
    started a topic New Pedaltrain Day!

New Pedaltrain Day!

Dunlop Crybaby mini, Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive, and Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe looking so profesh on a Pedaltrain Metro powered by a Pedaltrain Volto!

The Volto is really easy to work with for clean power supply wiring!

The only problems are that I still have room for another pedal and the consideration to buffer or not to buffer! I am strongly considering an MXR/CAE 406 buffer and a Way Huge Echo Puss delay to complete the project!
Working...
X