Green Rhino Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Rhino Settings?

Awhile back, I replace my TS with a Green Rhino. Seemed capable of the TS tones and much more ability to shape the tone. Being more complex and me being a simpleton, anyone have any good settings recommendations for getting a good boost on a high gain amp? And/or even just boosting a lower gain setting for a great creamy tone? Gear one on my Splawn is about like instant ACDC type crunch. So, if Im using something like that, what would be a good setting for a lead?

Thanks!!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Green Rhino Settings?

Start with everything at noon and make small adjustments..
    Pedals react differently from amp to amp. That is my best suggestion and it works for me with a new dirt box..

Comment

When I'm using it with my Mesa, I set the drive around 8 o clock, the tone around noon, and the volume around 2 or 3. The pedal has plenty of gain for a boost even at that low a drive setting, so using more volume than gain keeps the sound tighter and clearer.

I keep the 100hz knob around 11 o clock and the curve around noon.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Gain down low with the volume up higher. Then just EQ to your liking. That's an awesome overdrive. The Way Huge stuff is super underrated, IMO.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Working...
        X