• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage JEN Mister Crybaby Super and finished Pedalboard

Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: Vintage JEN Mister Crybaby Super and finished Pedalboard

Where is the vintage part?

Comment

I'm assuming vintage being that it's discontinued and circuitry is made in JEN Itay. Being that most mister crybaby supers come with volume knob and boost and this doesn't.
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

Unable to find info on when it was built.
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

'Vintage' wahs are 1960's and 1970's.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

And by the looks of the way it is made.....somewhere in the 2000's.
            And someone could have switched bottomplates out.
            Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 01-16-2016, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              And by the looks of the way it is made.....somewhere in the 2000's.
              And someone could have switched bottomplates out.

Right. It's got small circuit boards on the pot and DPDT switch (for true bypass)! They didn't do that on vintage wah's. That's a giveaway right there.

Older Crybaby's didn't have the input/output jacks mounted on the main circuit board either; that started in the 1990's. Same with AC jacks. Every vintage wah I've seen was battery operated only. Look up pics of vintage wah's. They were very simple & roomy inside, and the boards were nothing like the layout of yours.

The board layout is recent production. I hope you didn't pay vintage price for it.
              Last edited by blueman335; 01-16-2016, 03:34 PM.
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Here you go, the vintage Jen I've owned since the seventies.
                - https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...=1#post2313120 -
                It's got a frequency range mod , the switch for it replacing the external power connector that it had. The rest is nearly all original.

Last edited by GoldenVulture; 01-16-2016, 06:37 PM.
                sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Hmmm
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I used to use a Mister Cry Baby Super in the mid 90's, so I'm assuming that one is early 90's.

I thought it was a smart feature to have a volume and wah in one pedal. I don't know why that's not more common nowadays.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                      I used to use a Mister Cry Baby Super in the mid 90's, so I'm assuming that one is early 90's.

I thought it was a smart feature to have a volume and wah in one pedal. I don't know why that's not more common nowadays.
                      You would think more wahs would do that. It's not like they're adding much more components or schematics to do so. Maybe it's a money grab from the companies? Why sell one pedal when we could sell 2.....
                      Mesa Stiletto Ace
                      Gurus 5015
                      Mesa Widebody 1X12
                      Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                        You would think more wahs would do that. It's not like they're adding much more components or schematics to do so. Maybe it's a money grab from the companies? Why sell one pedal when we could sell 2.....
                        That would be a good question for someone like Jorge Tripps or Geoffrey Teese. I'm guessing it's because the volume pedal circuitry would load down the uneffected signal, but I never felt like it was when I owned one.

Comment

25 years ago? Not with the two small circuit boards on the pot and switch. That's a more recent development. It might have been made in the 2000's.

Comment

I seem to remember mine having a boost switch and maybe a volume, so it was definitely a 90's version.

I think Vasshu was right. It's a 2000's wah with a different baseplate
                            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-21-2016, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I think Vasshu was right. It's a 2000's wah with a different baseplate

I've bought used wahs. One came with the baseplate of a different model, another came without any baseplate. You can't completely go by the baseplate; what's inside is what matters. Rubber feet, battery covers, and even sometimes baseplates are removed/replaced/lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X