No announcement yet.

New (old) pedal from Jeorge Tripps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New (old) pedal from Jeorge Tripps...

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
    :
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Joe, its live... Gotta get one.

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I might get one just for the name.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          As a gear junkie who's followed Way Huge pedals even when the 90's originals started fetching thousands, I was stoked to see Dunlop hire Tripps and escalate those designs.

This thread sort of reminded me why I ran out and bought a Green Rhino when Dunlop started selling them.

For those who don't know, Jeorge Tripps used to call Dunlop's engineers and consult with them. Jim Dunlop felt uncomfortable having a boutique guy picking their ideas apart and allegedly told his employees to stop answering Tripp's questions.

Dunlop hired him after Way Huge ended, and hired him with the intent of reissuing WH pedals. He then breathed new life into the company with the signature wahs, fuzzes, WH, and new MXR's.

I truly think WH is a brand that are modern classics. The circuits, build quality, tone, and sweet brushed anodized enclosures seal the deal for what constitutes a classic.

Seeing the Overrated Special makes me know that it's like the Klon in the sense that they'll be hugely collectible.
          After ordering one, I'm thinking I should have bought the rest available.

So today I searched locally and scored a mint discontinued Red Llama...a big favorite of Mike Campbell. I plugged it into a Marshall 2204, Matchless Chieftain, and Fender Pro Reverb, and A/B'd it with my Green Rhino. The Green Rhino is tighter and more focused like a deeper Tube Screamer, but the Red Llama is fatter, raw, and grungy, like a Bassman 410 turned all the way up. I'm sure the Overrated Special will be open sounding with more mid content, and if Bonamassa loves it, I'll quickly see why he made it his current #1.

The only WH OD I have yet to get is the Pork Loin, but it's on my short list.
          Tripps also shares responsibility for the Carbon Copy I believe. One of Dunlop's greatest decisions was bringing him on.

Comment

as soon as one pops up used, im all over it.

Comment

The Camel Toe will be a great pedal to have and use. I'll probably pass on it, just because I've already got the Green Rhino, Overrated Special, and Red Llama.

I'll tell ya....the Red Llama is a real sleeper. It won't overlap with your other OD's very much. It's definitely got it's own vibe. Deep and loose, but in a good way.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                I'll tell ya....the Red Llama is a real sleeper. It won't overlap with your other OD's very much. It's definitely got it's own vibe. Deep and loose, but in a good way.
                My main sound comes from two GGG Red Llama clones. It's a very hard sounding, yet stable fuzz pedal, so a little goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
                X