Source Audio Nemesis Delay super pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Source Audio Nemesis Delay super pedal

This was kind of the year of the delay pedal at NAMM. Lotsa cool new stuff out there.

Where the SA stuff gets really interesting is when you start accumulating their stuff. Some of the integration they have available is pretty wild, making your pedalboard behave more like a multi-fx, where each pedal has different states for different presets. The guys at the company seem really nice, too.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

I keep A/B'ing back and forth on the Belle Epoch and the Nemesis.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Got mine coming in the mail, it should be here next week!
        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
          I'm currently obsessing over Echoplex style tape delays. Admittedly I've got extreme tunnel vision on it these past few weeks. I expect an actual 60's echoplex to be in my shop at some point soon, yea, it's that bad.

Back in the late 1960's and early 70's you'd hear an occasional band or album use a tape echo for delays. But not nearly often enough for me, it seemed that they were used so sparingly. What a great sound as the repeats decayed. I used to be an Alice Cooper fan (original band, first 2 albums, before they went commercial) and loved when Glen Buxton used his at the band's gigs in the Detroit area.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            I had a long call with the Founder of Source Audio about that pedal last month. There is too much to post and go into right now, however the technology in that pedal is beyond anything anyone is doing right now.
            When is your article?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
              I'm currently obsessing over Echoplex style tape delays. Admittedly I've got extreme tunnel vision on it these past few weeks. I expect an actual 60's echoplex to be in my shop at some point soon, yea, it's that bad.

It's nails it very well. I ran the Nemesis A/B against the Belle Epoch. The BE has a bit of boost to it, so I have to compensate with my guitar volume knob slightly. The Nemesis has way more options, different trails and such.
              Scott, you can open the Belle and adjust the gain of the preamp to compensate. You can also leave it in trails mode which will leave the preamp engaged 100% but I think you knew that part already.

I've mentioned before the difficulty I had dialing the Belle in for my rig, but now it's just a perfect delay for me.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh, I actually like the BE boost. I found the feature in the Nemesis to increase the overall volume output and just raised it a tiny bit to match the output on the BE. There is so much going on in that Nemesis. I wish products these days would ship with an actual written manual. Downloading them onto my phone isn't the best way. You'd think for $299, they could put a manual in the damn box. They already added a comms cable and a regulated 9v wall wart.

P.S. Ran the stereo outputs last night on the Nemesis. Admittedly this is not a new concept to anyone here, but it was a lot of fun bouncing the signal around my shop. Bassman 410 and a 65 Tupelo about 12' from each other aimed in different directions.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                X