Suggest me a chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a chorus

checked some online demos and the tc corona is really impressive! I just wanna find the perfect hair metal chorus for those aquanet sticky thick leads without having to buy a rack system
    Last edited by BloodRose; 07-22-2016, 10:09 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      well??

I'm on the fence with it. As far as a mellow type of chorus it def does the job. It's not got a lot
      Of tweakable tones tho. As for sounding good with the band it does well.
      I may in the end still end up with a tc electronics dreamscape. Simply for the tone prints

Comment

So, let me go right for the direct question... If you could buy one chorus for 80s metal stuff, would you get the voodoo labs, TC elec Corona, Boss wazacraft... or?? I have a Boss CE 5 currently
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I'd still go with the Catalina, as you can set it to be on for the clean intros, but when the distortion kicks in, it automatically turns off. It works really well.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I keep forgetting bout that one quite honestly.. It does hair metal well I presume?? I think the main thing I need to find is the right delay for that. Im in the ball park running both of my delays, but still cant quite get it..But lets iron out the chorus first.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

well I tried a nano clone and that thing was wayyyy too noisy. avoid.

Comment

Seriously? Five Pages of Chorus suggestions?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just get the &^%$%^$ Chorus Factory and set a tone you dig.

Really…..this is NOT that hard!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Boss CE-20 and your done.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Seriously? Five Pages of Chorus suggestions?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just get the &^%$%^$ Chorus Factory and set a tone you dig.

Really…..this is NOT that hard!
                    I actually think chorus is one of the trickier effects to find the 'right' one, after drives/distortion/fuzz of course. Some people want a cleaner double-tracked chorus, some want warm analog, some want lush multi-digital. Then you have some cool non-chorus choruses like detunes, double trackers, vibratos with a mix control, a double chorus like the Boss Dimension etc. Maybe I'm just extra picky at the moment because I'm looking for a chorus for my smaller board at the moment too.
                    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                    Andrew - None

Comment

Suggest me a chorus

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I'd still go with the Catalina, as you can set it to be on for the clean intros, but when the distortion kicks in, it automatically turns off. It works really well.
                      How does that work? The manual doesn't mention this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
                        I actually think chorus is one of the trickier effects to find the 'right' one, after drives/distortion/fuzz of course. Some people want a cleaner double-tracked chorus, some want warm analog, some want lush multi-digital. Then you have some cool non-chorus choruses like detunes, double trackers, vibratos with a mix control, a double chorus like the Boss Dimension etc. Maybe I'm just extra picky at the moment because I'm looking for a chorus for my smaller board at the moment too.
                        I agree. Chorus seems simple enough, but they tend to be one of those things where you delve through a few that are just completely WRONG until you finally find the right one that works clean, or distorted, and then it stays for a long time.

On a general thread note- dont overlook a electric mistress for chorusing. Worked for Lifeson and Summers very well
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
                          How does that work? The manual doesn't mention this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Essentially, it uses the volume envelope of the guitar note to turn off and on. In one mode, it gradually gets deeper as you play harder. In the other, it gets deeper as you play softer. It is gradual, not like an on/off, and it works really well. Yeah, It does the 80s thing really well.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Larry Carlton uses the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus on his traveling pedalboard.

Great chorus and they can be had used for under $100.
                            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

and honestly theres more than just myself inquiring about chorus pedals here in this thread. so far ive had three and it hasn't been the "one". the boss super chorus wasn't as warm as what I wanted and the boss ce-5 just didn't have enough presence to me. the nano clone was great clean but when you engage distortion with it ....well it became a hissy pissy mess. mi have been eyeballing visual sounds because the H2O has that chorus delay combo. for me I want a warm analog chorus with as less hiss as possible when used with distortion. I play a lot of iron maiden and 80's type metal. I thought about an electric mistress but that venture with the nano clone has me a bit concerned by way of electro harmonix. Plus I'm a solid state sort of girl so naturally these are gonna sound different through my amp than say a valve amp.

Comment

As Aceman has said, the Digitech CF-7 has a lot of chorus models in it, I'm sure you could find one you like. They come up used on de' bay cheap sometimes but they are great pedals.

The other "versatile" choice would be the TC Corona Chorus, with the Toneprint app you can download and try dozens of toneprints from their website. You can go to go here - http://www.tcelectronic.com/corona-chorus/toneprints/ and check out all the downloadable toneprints (they have sound clips of them). You should be able to find a used one on de' bay for ~$100 or less.

It's hard to find a single chorus sound that works for clean and distortion, but that's just what Paul Gilbert was going for with his toneprint - http://www.tcelectronic.com/corona-c...caramel-apple/

If you want an analog chorus, the H2O is nice, but you are limited to that one sound so I would definitely try one to make sure it is the sound you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X