Suggest me a chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a chorus

Can't beat this deal with a stick - https://reverb.com/item/2542837-used...r-effect-pedal

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
      Some people want a cleaner double-tracked chorus, some want warm analog, some want lush multi-digital.
      Originally posted by devastone View Post
      The other "versatile" choice would be the TC Corona Chorus, with the Toneprint app you can download and try dozens of toneprints from their website.

It's hard to find a single chorus sound that works for clean and distortion,
      And right there we narrowed the whole game down to:

Analog/thick, digital lush, or double track style (aka longer delay time).

Then, are you using it clean or distorted?

If you can't get in THAT ballpark….you are done.

And yes - I *almost* threw out Corona, but I'm a Digitech fanboi….
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yep and as I said warm lush chorus that doesn't hiss like a snake when distorted. I've narrowed it down to visual sound h2o, corona and the dreamscape

Comment

Well, threw down on a used CF7. we'll see. If not, will have to try the corona or catalina. Im a modeling newbie. does it cost to add the tone prints to the pedals?
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

No, toneprints are all free. You can also download the software and create your own, again, free.

Oh yeah, if you get noise from the CF-7, try running it on it's own power supply, or it's own isolated power if you are running a brick with multiple isolated outputs.

Comment

How about the TC Dreamscape?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what I'm trying to land now. Put an offer in on ol evil bay. We shall see if I land it

Comment

Good luck, that is a cool chorus/flange/vibe pedal!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    No, toneprints are all free. You can also download the software and create your own, again, free.

Oh yeah, if you get noise from the CF-7, try running it on it's own power supply, or it's own isolated power if you are running a brick with multiple isolated outputs.
                    Thanks for both pieces of info! Will look into the power supply if it doesn't work with my power block. Its supposed to be in excellent shape, scored for $45. I hope it fits the bill.. Im tired of the hunt.. wanna get my board done and be good for awhile.. 2 more things after this. Delay and power supply for board 2
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

• Re: Suggest me a chorus

My chorus of choice is the Rocktron Deep Blue. I like a warm rich sounding chorus preferably analog and it must be quiet. I have owned everything from the Boss to TC electronics to Ibanez you name it and to my ear nothing else comes close. Got spoiled by Rocktron Chorus sounds back in the 1990's - early 2000's when I ran a Voodoo Valve rig. These once were only around $60 new but have been discontinued and have gotten pricey. I own 2 and love um!

Some of my old Rocktron clean tones.
                      Last edited by Ascension; 07-30-2016, 08:50 PM.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I mean, if Petrucci has tone prints for it ...

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Im wanting to achieve a nice hair metal rig.. Plus added versatility as I cant play like that. Im just missing the right chorus and delay. close, but... As far as chorus, if I could run my whole rig, Id be ok. I have a Rockman rack unit. (need to get a rack case for it) Only thing bad about it, is its either off or on, so figure Ill have to run it to one amp run two amps..? (new thread idea)

Jol Dantzig

Comment

For HAir Metal - the TC has THREE, count 'em three options…

#1 The Analog (Voodoo Lab model) will give the thick syrupy version (Think Twisted Sister)
                            - Plus you get an EQ and Pre delay to keep it from getting too gooey! Not on Original….

#2 The TC Chorus Flanger will meet all of your Ratt/Dokken/Def Lep needs

#3 The Boss SC-1 will handle anything else.
                            - And again, bonus pre delay to thicken it a bit if you want, and a bonus Low eq!

Seriously….how can you miss?
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Did you mean the CF? It has those models and I agree, IIRC the TC Chorus/Flanger model was my most used.

Comment

I wanna try the Catalina.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                                X