banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't use pedals very much but found a gizmo that gives me sweet tube tone/overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: don't use pedals very much but found a gizmo that gives me sweet tube tone/overdr

Been playing with B+ voltage adjustment and getting some outrageous overdrive and killer distortion from this contraption. Worried a bit, can the tube or capacitors be damaged by running B+ up and down?

Comment

Re: don't use pedals very much but found a gizmo that gives me sweet tube tone/overdr

Shouldn't as long as you don't go over the voltage rating of the caps.

Comment

Frankenamp with a new head (on loan from a curious person) - Same 12AX7 preamp - Quilter thru effects loop - Celestion G10 Vintage 60W speaker in a baffled cabinet to improve bass"
        Dramatic improvement in every aspect, don't even miss the reverb. Quilter hybrid, sounds great! (little screw driver to adjust gain and B+ on preamp)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170115_17_55_24_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	5797566

Comment

starved plate tube = tube placebo effect

If you can hear something nice, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
            starved plate tube = tube placebo effect

If you can hear something nice, good for you.
            I thought that it has been established that this particular preamp is not a starved plate design.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

it is not starved plate, b+ is adjustable from 100v-250v.

Comment

Working...
              X