Boss GT-100 Amp Control breakout box for amp master switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-100 Amp Control breakout box for amp master switch

I am using the GT-100 in the 4-cable connection method. (5 with AMP CTRL cable running to AMP).

My Amp footswitch jack on my amp is STEREO which connects a 2-button footswitch (Channel and Master) as the Distortion Channel has 2 master volumes. The AMP CTRL is a MONO port.

I want to make a footswitch where the Boss GT-100 AMP control port connects, with the channel on/off LED, and there is a MASTER select switch on the pedal to switch for solo volume boost.

This picture below is a brainstorm from a 2 button footswitch but did not work out right so I started figuring it out myself, see next post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Toner; 01-07-2017, 01:11 AM.
    Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian
    Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
    I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

You don't want this gear list.............

Re: Boss GT-100 Amp Control breakout box for amp master switch

I feel like I am taking crazy pills, I have since got a working pedal the way I want it, but as soon as I hook up the LED wires, the LEDs work correctly but no switching happens. rrrrrrrrrrr.

I first started by plugging the stereo footswitch cable from my amp head into the MONO AMP CTRL Jack on the Boss GT-100 and it changes amp channels, so the channel switch part of the stereo cable is TIP and RING (since that is all on a MONO jack), that leaves the SLEEVE on my pedal design as the switch for the Master 1/2 select on the amp head.

So, recap, the boss GT-100 controls the AMP Channel switching, the Switch on the pedal switches between Master 1 and Master 2 on my amp's distortion channel, if I hook up the LED wires the LEDs work properly but no channel or master switching works. I don't get it, when I just hook up the 2 button footswitch to my amp the channel switching and LEDs work perfectly. I even tried reversing the resistor/wires on the LEDs (The resistors are off the + leg in this pic, I tried switching them to the - leg then to ground) still no go, if the LEDs are hooked up the pedal will not change channels or master on my amp.

(Nothing is hooked up to the mini-toggle)

Can a wiring expert take a look at this pic below and give some advice? I know I could add a 9V adapter and a DPDT switch but I don't feel I need to since my actual AMP footswitch works and has LEDs with no external 9v source.

Pic of the wiring / working but no LED leads hooked up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	5797490
    Last edited by Toner; 01-07-2017, 01:31 AM.
    Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian
    Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
    I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

You don't want this gear list.............

Comment

it's gotta be grounding out just enough that the circuit in the GT-100 doesn't like it. Call Boss on Monday and see what they think. You may need a different resistor.

Comment

When I had the Gt-100 I had the same issues, I didn't build build my own in between switch for lead boost, I just built patches that where louder for boost. Boss made a huge mistake by not using a Stereo 1/4 out control so you can have what most amps have and thats a 2 button footswitch control.

Comment

Originally posted by Toner View Post
          I feel like I am taking crazy pills, I have since got a working pedal the way I want it, but as soon as I hook up the LED wires, the LEDs work correctly but no switching happens. rrrrrrrrrrr.

I first started by plugging the stereo footswitch cable from my amp head into the MONO AMP CTRL Jack on the Boss GT-100 and it changes amp channels, so the channel switch part of the stereo cable is TIP and RING (since that is all on a MONO jack), that leaves the SLEEVE on my pedal design as the switch for the Master 1/2 select on the amp head.

So, recap, the boss GT-100 controls the AMP Channel switching, the Switch on the pedal switches between Master 1 and Master 2 on my amp's distortion channel, if I hook up the LED wires the LEDs work properly but no channel or master switching works. I don't get it, when I just hook up the 2 button footswitch to my amp the channel switching and LEDs work perfectly. I even tried reversing the resistor/wires on the LEDs (The resistors are off the + leg in this pic, I tried switching them to the - leg then to ground) still no go, if the LEDs are hooked up the pedal will not change channels or master on my amp.
          Well looking at the first attached image(not very clear on TRS tabs), you have it wired such that the Amp Ctrl Tip & Ground are linked to each other with the help of the LEDs wiring. I'm no expert on wiring LEDs though.

Edit: The second pic has the wiring done correctly for switching but I've no idea on where to connect the LED wires. One needs to be part of the footswtich to indicate switching distortion channels, the other LED though wont be part of the footswitch wiring since its indicating the toggle of the amp ctrl switch changing main channels.
          Last edited by Hank-; 01-07-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X