Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverb pedal with presets and midi

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
    On the low budget side consider the Zoom 70-CDR, it has MIDI thru USB. Undocumented feature but it works, lots of working examples on youtube.
    You know I used to have one of these. The delays were fantastic, but I ultimately sold it because I felt the reverbs left something to be desired, and that's the main reason I got it. I preferred my TC Hall of Fame for reverb. I'd still highly recommend that pedal though, one of the best bang for the buck pedals out there for sure.
    Live to play LIVE

Comment

I agree, the L6 M-series is a fantastic value. They don't really do 'presets' the same way as other companies (like a chain of effects), but rather it saves the settings of each individual effect.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        They don't really do 'presets' the same way as other companies (like a chain of effects), but rather it saves the settings of each individual effect.
        ???

The Line 6 M-Series absolutely can really do presets the same way any typical product from other companies does presets.

For the M9 it's Manual Save and Latch Scene Mode.

The M5 has Instant Preset (the same thing as the M9's Latch Scene Mode), and also has Manual Save.

...though neither the mode, nor Auto Save precludes the ability to create, edit, store, access or use presets.
        Last edited by gregory; 08-09-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

A bit off topic, but how does the M5 handle MIDI? I have a H&K Grandmeister 40 and want to control an M5 via the amp's MIDI Out/Thru to the M5 MIDI In. Apparently the M5 only handles 24 PC programs, and the GM40 stores 128 MIDI memory slots. Will I be limited to use only the amp's first 24 programs to change models on the M5? I will only be using the M5's compressors and probably some fuzzes.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

If your amp doesn't have the ability to remap a preset change, then that's how it would have to work.

Comment

Thanks Gregory. I guess delving deep in both amp and M5's MIDI implementation chart will help shine a light on this...
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Back when I was doing MIDI I'd rely on my Alesis Quadraverb to remap preset changes for devices that didn't have the capability.

Comment

Originally posted by JDaniels View Post
                  I think there's a huge gap in the market between the single reverb pedals (such as the TC Hall of Fame, Boss RV-6, Digitech Polara etc.) and the big super reverb pedals (Strymon Big Sky, Eventide Space, Boss RV-500 etc.).

I used to be a member of this forum 6-8 years ago and was unable to recover my password so I made a new account since I've been have more questions about pickups and whatnot lately. Anyway, I saw the banner ad on top of the forum asking if I had an idea for a pickup or a pedal. Why yes I do. Super cool idea to let us common folk in on the development process. So I clicked on it and submitted a proposal for a stereo reverb pedal similar in size and function as the Strymon Blue Sky, but with a few more reverb types (Hall, Plate, Room, Spring, Church, Shimmer, Modulated), and with the ability to store more on board presets that can be recalled with the second footswitch. At least 4 on board presets and the ability to call up dozens more with a midi switcher or usb device.

I've been looking for something like this for years, and the only thing I've found that is close to what I want is the Free The Tone Ambi Space. However, in Canada it's almost 500 bucks! I'm thinking something in the $200-250 range. The Source Audio Ventris reverb looks really nice, but judging from the threads on TGP it is a super reverb in a smaller package, with extremely deep editing and control. Also going to be expensive.

I want something that's relatively simple (no menu diving) for the plug and play guys but with good algorithms and sound quality that will keep up with the big boys. I don't need super deep editing, I just need several great sounding reverbs accessible with the tap of a switch. What say you guys, anyone else submit anything like that recently?

EDIT: $300 might be more the target price range, which is still cheaper than the big box reverbs and I'd still buy it.
                  So you mean like the SA Dimension Reverb but sounding better?

The Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb offers 12 distinct shades of reverb. Choose from 6 reflectively diverse room sounds, two plate and two spring reverbs, modulation reverb, and echo. The pedal features a compact and durable cast aluminum housing plus 2 user presets — each with a dedicated footswitch. The assignable “Option” knob makes it possible to adjust 9 different parameters: wet/dry mix, time (i.e. resonance), bass, treble, pre-delay, diffusion, output level, modulation rate, and modulation depth.

Connect the Dimension Reverb to Source Audio’s Neuro Hub and tap into its MIDI capabilities. Save up to 128 presets recallable via MIDI program change (PC) messages from an external MIDI foot controller. The Dimension also features a special “trails»dquo; mode (a.k.a. soft bypass), which allows your reverberations to ring to completion after the pedal has been bypassed.

The Dimension Reverb’s Multi-Funtion In jack is compatible with any of Source Audio’s expression controllers: the Reflex Universal Expression Controller, Dual Expression Pedal, and Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller. Assign external expression control to any of the pedal’s knob parameters or incorporate Reverb Send mode, which enables on-the-fly control over the amount of dry signal being routed through the reverb chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X