EHX B9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX B9

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, thought it may be useful as a writing / arranging tool. I am amazed at how good this sounds, thru an amp, but especially plugged directly into a mixing console. I'm currently producing a disc for a friend of mine's band, while in a session last Saturday, I had the studio engineer plug this in, and we listened thru the studio monitors, while I demoed it live, he was so impressed, he is looking into purchasing one himself as an outboard gear addition. Now I have to evaluate the other boxes in this suite (Key 9, Synth 9, etc...)

Re: EHX B9

Cool, thanks for the review! I am very interested in this pedal as well. With the B9, Mel9, and something to do Rhodes or Wurli patches (is there an EHX that covers this ground?) there is little need to drag a keyboard to rehearsal!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It would be awesome if there was a box with all of the -9 series pedals' sounds in it...with presets! Polyphonic pitch shifting and manipulation is getting better all the time.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Cool, thanks for the review! I am very interested in this pedal as well. With the B9, Mel9, and something to do Rhodes or Wurli patches (is there an EHX that covers this ground?) there is little need to drag a keyboard to rehearsal!
        I'm looking at the C9 for exactly that, maybe a decent Rhodes sound, or even a Farfisa! They may call that the F9.......OK, bad pun....

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          It would be awesome if there was a box with all of the -9 series pedals' sounds in it...with presets! Polyphonic pitch shifting and manipulation is getting better all the time.
          With NO latency or tracking issues, no special pickups, etc. I'm building a separate pedal board just for the 9 series boxes, NOTE: Because the B9 responds very aggressively to your picking dynamics, I use a compressor first in the chain, then the B9, then reverb / delay, it smooths the amplitude peaks out...

Comment

Really want the whole group....
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
              With NO latency or tracking issues, no special pickups, etc. I'm building a separate pedal board just for the 9 series boxes, NOTE: Because the B9 responds very aggressively to your picking dynamics, I use a compressor first in the chain, then the B9, then reverb / delay, it smooths the amplitude peaks out...
              Yes, a compressor is necessary for the 9 pedals (I have the Mel9).

Comment

Yeah, I'd imagine you'd want a stable input, so a compressor makes sense (they should put one in the box defeat-able with a switch). I want a -9 series made up of nothing but different variations of 70s-80s string pads. Or one that mimics the attack and sound of different styles of electric basses.

Comment

Yes one that covers Solina, Oberheim, Moog, ARP, Prophet and JUNO strings would be awesome!

Comment

Okay, so I have the Mel9 ... for my stuff I would need to add the Synth9 and probably the B9 ... hmm, decisions, decisions!

Comment

Okay, so I have the Mel9 ... for my stuff I would need to add the Synth9 and probably the B9 ... hmm, decisions, decisions!
                      My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Yes one that covers Solina, Oberheim, Moog, ARP, Prophet and JUNO strings would be awesome!
                        This would be a-maze-ing. Really. I use guitar synth for that now, but I'd love to be able to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          This would be a-maze-ing. Really. I use guitar synth for that now, but I'd love to be able to get rid of it.
                          Hopefully it's just a matter of time. I know it's just as clunky but if you specifically want to run vintage string patches, you could always get an Alesis Sample Rack ... but that opens up a whole other can of worms!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                            That's a great idea. I have the Mel9 and a C9 and have never been able to achieve the smooth transitions between chords or notes without intermediate sour spots. The guy who demos for EHX has some serious skills that I apparently lack.
                            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                              That's a great idea. I have the Mel9 and a C9 and have never been able to achieve the smooth transitions between chords or notes without intermediate sour spots. The guy who demos for EHX has some serious skills that I apparently lack.
                              Yes, he's very good, and probably using a serious compressor!

Comment

Working...
                              X