New Pedal Announcement: La Super Rica Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pedal Announcement: La Super Rica Fuzz

It is! I was hoping it would have some Mexican food painted on it. Actually, I am not sure if that is something they 'have to get permission for'.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would this have any issues placed after a Pickup Booster? I currently run my Pickup Booster into an 805, but would love to give this a blast.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
        Would this have any issues placed after a Pickup Booster? I currently run my Pickup Booster into an 805, but would love to give this a blast.
        fuzz face pedals tend to like being first in line. since the pb is true bypass it should be ok, when you step on the pb it probably wont clean up well but i assume if the pb is on, you arent going for that anyway

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          fuzz face pedals tend to like being first in line. since the pb is true bypass it should be ok, when you step on the pb it probably wont clean up well but i assume if the pb is on, you arent going for that anyway
          I usually leave the PB on in its neutral setting all the time, into the 805. Everything else is from the guitar volume. I'm intrigued with the Super Rica as a thicker, 'classic' drive/fuzz sound instead of the 805. Of course, I'd love both, but it would go on my mini-board!

Comment

not sure. in general the fuzzface circuit doesnt like things before it so id guess the pd might mess with how rolling down the volume cleans things up but you might not need the pb with the lsr. hard to know for sure with out trying it

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              La Super Rica means “super rich”, and this silicon fuzz is just that.
              I hate to be nitpicky, but "La Super Rica" means "THE Super Rich", and given than rica is being used as a noun, it's just as feminine as a mañana.

Now that my tad bit of Spanish agitation is out of the way, does anyone know where the name came from? Wealth relates to refinement, which a fizz pedal is not. And sexy and abundant don't really define one either.

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
                I hate to be nitpicky, but "La Super Rica" means "THE Super Rich", and given than rica is being used as a noun, it's just as feminine as a mañana.

Now that my tad bit of Spanish agitation is out of the way, does anyone know where the name came from? Wealth relates to refinement, which a fizz pedal is not. And sexy and abundant don't really define one either.
                Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                I have a feeling the name is in reference to La Super-Rica Taqueria, the world famous hole-in-the-wall Mexican food joint in Santa Barbara, CA. It was popularized by the late Julia Child and more recently, name-checked by local home girl Katy Perry in her "This Is How We Do" music video.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in SB. I was trying to figure out how the name was supposed to fit with the sound, but your mention of "tasty" seems to be a likely reason of what they were going for!
                ?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hey, I just copied the ad. I thought it was about the taco place...which is worthy of having a pedal named after it.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Did anybody play one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got one on the way, I'll see if I can put a short clip up when I get it.

Comment

That girl's a Super Rica!

Tone chasing's a hell of a drug....

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                          I've got one on the way, I'll see if I can put a short clip up when I get it.
                          How’s it working out?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                            How’s it working out?

Hasn’t got to me yet. There was a delay with the order but should be here soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X