Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sold stuff and Finally started a pedalboard for the first time

Some updates.
    The dispatch master has some white noise hiss if used in front of the amp. It's gone in my buffered fx loop but I don't like the loop on my Marshall Haze and I would say the level of noise is a but annoying but at high volumes and in a mix I don't think it would be unacceptable.
    Also the east river with the Marshall is too much mids, strat notch positions too nasally. The blues driver is good though.
    The Reignmaker is supposed to be 100 db at no attenuation and I don't believe that. Both the stock lightning bolt speaker and g12t66 speaker in the Marshall Haze are noticeably louder.

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
      Fuse, nice job. I plan on doing my first pedalboard sometime soon myself. I have one question, no wah? I haven’t got many pedals, but a Vox wah wah is one of them.
      Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      Yeah I considered a vox wah but it would probably have to sit off the board
      Wah
      Chorus
      Fuzz
      Phaser
      At some point I will make a large board with more stuff but this has the things I use everyday

But honestly I have never been a big wah user and the only one I've ever owned was a DigiTech
      After many years with the Vox wah on the side I finally got a slightly wider board to make it fit. I love the wah but I haven't used it once outside my livingroom. It does make me very happy when I step on it though. Of the other ones you listed I use a Fuzz (Muff) and a Phasor all the time.

Comment

An update, for the first time I really notice the BD-2 buffer shaving some high end even when off, it makes my low strings sound so round but I really like the natural snap of my amp's clean channel. the amp sounds better with true bypass pedals and long cable than with the bd-2 in the chain and shorter cables. I feel conflicted at the moment.

There are times I'm content to leave the bd-2 always on, if I'm playing with any kind of gain it's fine. But when the amp is loud I really notice how much snap and bounce is reduced.
        The east river drive sounds fine when off, true bypass works well in this case!

Comment

Working...
        X