Finally!!! NPB build thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the cables are made, and the pedals are attached to the board.
    The routing isn’t quite as neat as I would have liked but if I’m being realistic, deep down I know it wouldn’t be. But at least the cabling is cinched down so it isn’t moving. I’m sure I’ll find that something is wired incorrectly...lol
    I still may decide to go back and try to get it neater, idk.
    Maybe I can come up with something to either cover the cable cluster or maybe some type of sleeve run the top few through and hide the lower tier? I’m open to suggestions!!
    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 06-18-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Re: Finally!!! NPB build thread!!!

Actually, that looks good. Unless you run all the cables underneath, it is difficult to avoid lots of cables sitting around. With so many cables though, there are lots to check if for some reason you plug in and get no sound. Not something to do at a gig (like I've tried).
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Actually, that looks good. Unless you run all the cables underneath, it is difficult to avoid lots of cables sitting around. With so many cables though, there are lots to check if for some reason you plug in and get no sound. Not something to do at a gig (like I've tried).
        Thanks!!
        I thought about running all the cables underneath but in the event I needed to troubleshoot at a gig that makes it difficult.
        There are red and blue heat shrink around certain cables. That’s so I can follow the routing in front of the amp (blue) and in the Fx loop (red) if I need to troubleshoot
        Last edited by Gtrjunior; 06-18-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Tonight I just need to wire up the power to each pedal and I should be about ready to test it.

Comment

That looks really spiffy! I have learned my lesson long about about the thought of a pedal board lasting longer than a week.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X