Tried a bunch of OD pedals today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried a bunch of OD pedals today.

Love my Soul Food and BD-2’s (stock & modded), but I think I’d trade them and then some for a D&M Drive. REALLY want to try that pedal.

Comment

Soul Food certainly has had my interest to be honest...
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
        Love my Soul Food and BD-2’s (stock & modded), but I think I’d trade them and then some for a D&M Drive. REALLY want to try that pedal.
        It’s great!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          It’s great!

I’ve only heard it on videos. But I haven’t heard a bad, or even a mediocre sound out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BenPerkins View Post
            Try the Wampler Tumnus - you’ll love it
            +1

It's essentially a better Soul Food; my only concern is that Wampler pedals might be unobtainium in Chile. I sold my second Tumnus to Blille and I still regret it. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another, and I won't make the same mistake twice.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
              +1

It's essentially a better Soul Food; my only concern is that Wampler pedals might be unobtainium in Chile. I sold my second Tumnus to Blille and I still regret it. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another, and I won't make the same mistake twice.
              There's a Wampler dealer in Santiago. It's not unobtanium, but expensive as hell!

I think I could do with a Soul Food just fine, thank you. :P
              Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
              Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
              Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
              Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

The one thing about the Soul Food, it works much better stacked. As you turn the gain up it tends to get harsher, so I find much better results by just using it as a dirty boost into another higher gain overdrive or distortion pedal.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

If you like the EH Soul Food, maybe try the EH Crayon if you get the chance. I have one and really like it. (Although I use my overdrive's for stacking and boosting, not as standalone drive pedals into a clean channel)
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I almost exclusively use the amp’s distortion. But I have a Joyo Ultimate Drive, which is an OCD clone I like. I modified it though; took out the GE diode and changed the value of the drive pot with a resistor to allow lower gain settings. The pedal cost me $20 new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never tried the Soul Food, but I do have an 805 which I like a lot. I also have a Wampler Paisley which I like a lot with single coils, but not as much with humbuckers. I need to mess with it more, but it really seems like it’s more voiced for Strats and Teles.

Comment

Until recently I didn't realize the Soul Food was "inspired by" the Klon or that it is marketed as a transparent overdrive. Interesting.
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Yeah, apparently, it has some differences from an actual Klon- I am sure someone figured out what they were.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have 6 or 7 OD pedals but the only one on my board for the last several years is the Wampler Ecstacy (currently named Euphoria IIRC).
                            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I use an Archer IKON at the front of the pedal chain and gain it up, dial back the treble a lot, I also don't run the pedal at unity -instead with the volume kicked up on the output -in this way my entire chain signal level raises and hit and pushes my VOX AC or Marshall JCM800 input to saturate further for the real overdrive I'm looking for. This trick doesnt work on my Fenders as well but it works beautifully on my amps that like to break up earlier. Also -I find saturating a KLON style boost is better for this approach so you don't battle a bunch of mud.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The Soul Food is for a while on my want list.

How is the SD 805 different from the classic TS-808 / TS9, apart from the 3 knobs tone shaping ? It uses a different chip...

Anyone has tried the Providence Stampede OD ?
                                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                                X