Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPD: Boss OD-3 Overdrive

Originally posted by devastone View Post
    The OD-3 is like neither of them, it's closer to the BD-2 than the SD or OD-1.
    Well, yeah. I meant the SD-1 and OD-1 are quite similar to one another. I've seen the schematics of the OD-3 and it is vastly different.

Comment

I tried an OD3 next to a BD2 and at times it was hard to tell one from another.

The OD3 has a bit more low-end and has thicker mids, the BD2 is a bit more raspy and has a bit more high-end. I preferred the BD2 for low gain since it's a bit more open sounding.
      The OD3 for thicker high-gain sounds. Both sound great. I'd have a happy life boosting things with any of them.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

The BD-2 has more range of gain (dimed, it almost sounds like a fuzz), and you're right - there's a raspy thing going on all the time . . . which you either like or hate.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I love that character it has. It gives a smooth, creamy amp a whole different flavor you probably wouldn't quite get from a TS9 or something.

It has its own thing going on and I love it.
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I have always been happy with a simple TS9 - not that I use one often. It's just been the box I've had/used all my life. I have been messing with a modded SD-1 lately. Still, OD-3 would be my goto if I was into OD's
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X