Problem with pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with pedalboard

Hi, sorry for my late reply. I checked again if the pedals were free for batteries. I tried several time all pedals (powered by batteries or by the CS12) in different configuration. I removed the patch work and I did it again. I removed one pedal at a time. And ended up with no issues. I am confused. One question:

what happens if a pedal is powered by battery and by external source at the same time?

Anyway now the pedalboard is in this configuration
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190623_210108.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	5814705

At the moment the pedalboard works properly. All pedals are powered by the CS12. One last thing. I noticed that the power led of the CS12 is off even if the CS12 keeps on powering pedals. It's almost new (I bought it last month brand-new). I emailed the True Tone support 4 days ago but I had no reply at all. Have you experienced something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
      Hi, sorry for my late reply. I checked again if the pedals were free for batteries. I tried several time all pedals (powered by batteries or by the CS12) in different configuration. I removed the patch work and I did it again. I removed one pedal at a time. And ended up with no issues. I am confused. One question:

what happens if a pedal is powered by battery and by external source at the same time?

Anyway now the pedalboard is in this configuration
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]99337[/ATTACH]

At the moment the pedalboard works properly. All pedals are powered by the CS12. One last thing. I noticed that the power led of the CS12 is off even if the CS12 keeps on powering pedals. It's almost new (I bought it last month brand-new). I emailed the True Tone support 4 days ago but I had no reply at all. Have you experienced something like that?
      Nothing bad happens.

Just hard to be sure which may be the issue if you have both in. For trouble shooting I always make sure batteries are out and then sub them in to prove if I suspect the DC jack from the power supply.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The power jack disconnects the battery from the circuit when a power cable is inserted.

My money is on it’s either an intermittent cable (that rearranging temporarily “fixed”) or an intermittent stomp switch.
        Last edited by PFDarkside; 06-23-2019, 02:44 PM.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          The power jack disconnects the battery from the circuit when a power cable is inserted.
          Yes, but not if the transformer is shorted on the power supply or the jack is broken. -That's the only reason I say to do that if power seems to be the issue

my money is on it’s either an intermittent cable (that rearranging temporarily “fixed”) or an intermittent stomp switch.
          Agreed, but it probably doesn't matter as his symptoms don't sound power related to me and I believe he ruled out cables.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

My money is on it’s either an intermittent cable (that rearranging temporarily “fixed”) or an intermittent stomp switch.
            Did you try clearing the switch on the GT-OD?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
              Not yet. It's the next step

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
                Not yet. It's the next step
                Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
                  Cleaning carried out. Half an hour of tests without any issue. So I decided to play an entire gig yesterday evening with the pedalboard in its full configuration. Even at gig volume on stage no volume drop happened.

Comment

nice. glad you got it sussed out

Comment

Working...
                    X