Stacking delay pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stacking delay pedal

Normally delay goes through your effects loop but dont be afraid of experimenting. With what experimenting Ive done, dont set the delay or regen close to the other pedal's setting, become a big ol bag of messy
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Going in front of a clean amp, I put them one after the other right before the amp. In a distorted amp, I'd use both in the loop.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What about the idea of running one in the loop and one in front of the amp? Pros and cons?

Comment

An echo pedal in front of a distorted amp is, sort of an acquired taste. It doesn't sound very good. Going into a clean amp, it never mattered to me if it was in the loop or not.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A quote from Dead Kennedys' East Ray Bay :

"One of the tricks is to put the echo unit before the amp. Recording engineers don’t like that. When I have the guitar’s volume down, it hits the echo and then it hits the amp. The echoes clean up as they go through the amp, because they’re at less volume. Recording engineers or some guitarists stick it in the loop in the back of the amp. They make the sound, process it, and then they add the echo—but that’s more like a post-EQ effect. I do it pre-EQ. Even when I’m maxed out—like with the compressor on, the amp up, and the guitar all the way up—if there is a piece of silence, if you listen to the echo, it cleans up. The last ones will be the clean guitar. It’s a less technical way to do it, but it’s a more musical way. It’s bad engineering, but more musical."

Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post
              A quote from Dead Kennedys' East Ray Bay :

"One of the tricks is to put the echo unit before the amp. Recording engineers don’t like that. When I have the guitar’s volume down, it hits the echo and then it hits the amp. The echoes clean up as they go through the amp, because they’re at less volume. Recording engineers or some guitarists stick it in the loop in the back of the amp. They make the sound, process it, and then they add the echo—but that’s more like a post-EQ effect. I do it pre-EQ. Even when I’m maxed out—like with the compressor on, the amp up, and the guitar all the way up—if there is a piece of silence, if you listen to the echo, it cleans up. The last ones will be the clean guitar. It’s a less technical way to do it, but it’s a more musical way. It’s bad engineering, but more musical."

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...s-east-bay-ray
              Basically everybody had to do this with their Echoplexes, Copycats and Space Echoes as well, prior to the adoption of loops (or having to be done at the board)
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

East Bay Ray sounds better than every guitar player who uses FX loops so this thread can go ahead and get locked up now
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                X