Blues jam pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blues jam pedalboard

thats pretty much always true. i can show up and plug a strat into a fender reverb amp and be fine but you never know what you are going to get. if you are too loud at my jam, i let you know very quickly and will turn ya down myself if you dont respond so having a dirt box isnt a terrible idea

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      Don’t care what anybody else thinks. It’s easier to play if I like the sound.
      Seeing any musician say that about playing with other people, or in public, is so disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
        Seeing any musician say that about playing with other people, or in public, is so disappointing
        Do you swap pickups and choose pedals based on what others think of your guitar sound?

I obviously care enough to use an appropriate tone and play stuff that fits in a bluesy context, but if I use an OD, it’s for my benefit, not everyone else’s.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Well, I think in the end, we have to like our own sound, and play things that make ourselves happy. I don't think I'd play at all if I was doing it for other people first.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think you summed up the requirements perfectly in the first post - "small footprint with quick setup."

If taking an amp I personally wouldn't take anything bigger than a 1x12 combo, but I'd try to find out in advance what (if any) amps will be available, and maybe not take one at all.

Where pedals are concerned I would just take an overdrive (and might not need it) but I see no issue with taking a small pedalboard. The setup time should be no different to a single pedal apart from plugging in the board's power.

Enabling fast hassle-free changeovers and not obstructing the route to the bar with 4x12 cabs are the key points.

Comment

Working...
            X