Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuner suggestions to replace Daddario tuner

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Have you seen the version that attaches via a tuning key screw rather than the clip? Even more discrete.

That said, I use the D’Addario Eclipse clip on, and couldn’t care less about how they look. They work very well on bass, electric guitar, acoustic, and mandolin. If I clip it on the bridge, it even works on an upright.
    I have not seen that one. Is it new? Gonna have to check that out.

Comment

I have Korg DT-10, Pitchblack mini and Digitech Hardware polytuner.

They're all good and do their job. Polytuning capability is pretty fancy, but the thing has to be the ugliest pedal I've seen and huge size too. I thought from pictures when ordering Digitech it would have been Boss style enclosure... Well, fits for bass board...

Pitchblack is true bypass. DT-10 wasn't but I modded it (don't recommend that, it's built superbly annoyingly in regards of modding)
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I know this sounds silly, but have you tried a new battery in the Daddario? I have one of the little Planet Waves tuners and it gets really ornery when thr battery starts to go. New battery = good as new!
        “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
          How often do you tune, to need a headstock tuner?
          Seriously how bad does your guitar get out of tune, I think maybe that's what you have to look at.
          My guitar hardly gets out of tune. Usually it’s after it acclimates to the new room and before I start actually playing, and then usually it’s good all set. Sometimes though I like to check to make sure between songs and the one I have bounces around uncontrollably and takes a long enough time to where I feel like I need to use my handheld Korg.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
            I know this sounds silly, but have you tried a new battery in the Daddario? I have one of the little Planet Waves tuners and it gets really ornery when thr battery starts to go. New battery = good as new!
            Yes. I have it powered on my board with a constant 9V power supply. The battery vs the adapter makes no difference.

The real question is the polytune better than the waza craft?

Comment

I have a Korg Pitchblack Portable on my large board, and a regular Pitchblack on the smaller ones. I also have a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, but I only use that for intonation or when I'm recording. It's super accurate, but can be slightly difficult to use if you need to tune quickly.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Oh. I messed up. The one I'm using is a Pitchblack custom, not the big rack unit!

This one is great, and pretty cheap:

Wow, that is SEXY! I have the Poly on my board and I am perfectly satisfied with it. It is fast, but I noticed that it picks ups things easier if I roll back the volume a bit with higher output pickups (EMG81, Nazgul, BlackWinter). But other than that, it does whaat it's supposed to, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

I've used the Boss TU2 and TU3 and I currently have a TC Polytune for when I'm not using my GT-1000 which has a built in poly tuner. They all work great, but if you are playing shows I would recommend a poly tuner, makes it really easy to hit all the strings to do a quick check. The TC works really well, so I can recommend it, I'm sure there are lots of good ones out there, I just haven't used them.

I am also surprised you are having problems with the D'Addario, I haven't tried one, but they usually make good stuff.
                  Last edited by devastone; 07-25-2020, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X