Pedal Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastone View Post
    Like many have said, it is only rated for 9V and 12V probably fried something. My guess is there is a 9.1V zener diode from the adapter input to ground that blew from trying to dump too much voltage (the ~3 extra V) and is now a short to ground. Unfortunately, if that is the rectangular box fuzz, it may be all SMT components so you may need to find someone that can deal with those.
    Ah. Hopefully not. SMTs are a ***** to try to fix. If it's normal components you're only talking about 2 minutes of soldering.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      Like many have said, it is only rated for 9V and 12V probably fried something. My guess is there is a 9.1V zener diode from the adapter input to ground that blew from trying to dump too much voltage (the ~3 extra V) and is now a short to ground. Unfortunately, if that is the rectangular box fuzz, it may be all SMT components so you may need to find someone that can deal with those.
      This. That diode goes and nothing will power it.

Comment

Working...
      X