banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a delay that will suppress the 1st note?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet. This could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I had to read that a 2nd time. Does 100% wet suppress the initial attack?
      A pedal like the Vapor Trail has an output for the delay only. If you use that, instead of the normal output jack, you get 100% wet signal: only the echo. This is great for sending the echoes to their own amps or other processing.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That would be cool. But let me see if something I already have will fill the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

A pedal like the Vapor Trail has an output for the delay only. If you use that, instead of the normal output jack, you get 100% wet signal: only the echo. This is great for sending the echoes to their own amps or other processing.
          Would the Andromeda also do that? If I were to consider the Vapor Trail, it might be worthwhile to do the full Monty, (so to speak), and spring for the Andromeda. But at 300 smackers, I'd want to make sure that it had that same functionality.

Comment

You can set the mix at 100% on the Andromeda, but it doesn't have a separate jack just for the echoes. Of course, there is a lot more you can do with a digital pedal like the Andromeda than the analog Vapor Trail, like having longer delay times, stereo outputs, midi control, tap tempo, and the dynamic expression , which varies the volume of the delay by how hard you pick. Really, 2 different tools.

Comment

If searching online, Artie, look for the term “kill-dry” - depending on the pedal, it’s not always the same as “100% wet”.

The TCElectronic flashback has a dip switch inside to make it kill-dry, and I think you’ll find other delay pedals do to - side-benefit is that those pedals will also have analogue dry-through, so you clean signal doesn’t get processed.

My TRex Replica delay has two outs, one dry and one wet - it’s up on Reverb at the moment (cough, cough)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll just throw in my "Yes"
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yes you can do crazy things with the VT like sending the delay repeats to an airplane Flanger + a weird reverb while keeping your original signal clean.
                  Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                    If searching online, Artie, look for the term "kill-dry" . . .
                    Cool. Just learned a new term. Thanks for all the info guys. Today, I'm going to try out my Yamaha's to see if they do this. If I can avoid spending money, that would be good. Especially after the holidays. I'll report back.

Comment

What are you doing that requires the wet signal only?
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        What are you doing that requires the wet signal only?
                        I was afraid someone was going to ask me that.

I didn't want to say anything until I got my new project all wired up and tested. But I can give you a hint. I'm wiring an LP with a stereo output jack. Tip will get one pickup system, and the ring will get another. I want to be able to route one system dry, and the other wet, for two reasons. One: I can control the wet signal with the volume on the guitar, and two: the wet signal will have a completely different tonal character than the main.

And of course, this will work on any effect I use. Imagine wah-wah only on the reverb trails. Or phasor, or flanger. You get the idea.

Comment

BTW, I wrote a blog about using that special jack on the Vapor Trail..you can see it here.

Comment

BTW, I wrote a blog about using that special jack on the Vapor Trail..you can see it here.
                            You're a good salesman. I see one in my future.

Comment

I was afraid someone was going to ask me that.

I didn't want to say anything until I got my new project all wired up and tested. But I can give you a hint. I'm wiring an LP with a stereo output jack. Tip will get one pickup system, and the ring will get another. I want to be able to route one system dry, and the other wet, for two reasons. One: I can control the wet signal with the volume on the guitar, and two: the wet signal will have a completely different tonal character than the main.

And of course, this will work on any effect I use. Imagine wah-wah only on the reverb trails. Or phasor, or flanger. You get the idea.

Oh. Cool.

The old SD Deja Vu has an effect loop for this sort of thing (the effects are applied only to the delayed repeats). It can be fun to play around with.
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

You're a good salesman. I see one in my future.
                                Ha, that is never my point. I don't get paid to sell stuff. But it something that I have studied before.

Comment

Working...
                                X