banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    the other way is dumb.
    Dumb? If everyone does the same thing we all end up sounding the same. Personally, I think that breeds boring music. For years the standard for art was the great Masters. Their technics were taught as standards in the art world and universities around the world for centuries. Along comes Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollack, Andy Warhol, and Banksy, now we have new standards and new and inspirational art to enjoy. The musical equivalent would be the musicians I mentioned above. You can add Fripp, Tony Levin, and Holdsworth to that list. The Picassos of guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

Dumb? If everyone does the same thing we all end up sounding the same. Personally, I think that breeds boring music. For years the standard for art was the great Masters. Their technics were taught as standards in the art world and universities around the world for centuries. Along comes Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollack, Andy Warhol, and Banksy, now we have new standards and new and inspirational art to enjoy. The musical equivalent would be the musicians I mentioned above. You can add Fripp, Tony Levin, and Holdsworth to that list. The Picassos of guitar.
      Dumb for the context of the music being made. Like I said though, there are (rare) times where it's a good idea to wear your shirt inside out and backwards. If you are the Jackson Pollack of guitar, then feel free to plug your reverb into your metal zone and create beautiful garbage to your heart's content.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• This thread gave me an idea. I am thinking about doing a Jackson build with a Jackson Pollack paint job

Comment

If everyone did things the "safe" way we would have no EVH, Hendrix, Zappa, Kinks, Beatles, Motorhead.....
          I don’t disagree. It seems that you don’t disagree with my statement either?

Comment

• *Pollock

Comment

This thread gave me an idea. I am thinking about doing a Jackson build with a Jackson Pollack paint job

I say go for it. Since it takes no real talent it should be easy to do. :P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

I don’t disagree. It seems that you don’t disagree with my statement either?
                I totally agree with your statement. Having established parameters allows people especially novices a baseline. If people do not deviate beyond that baseline we as a group do not grow as musicians.

Comment

I totally agree with your statement. Having established parameters allows people especially novices a baseline. If people do not deviate beyond that baseline we as a group do not grow as musicians.
                  So . . . given that deviation is not allowed while playing blues music any more, do you believe that blues is a dead genre?

Comment

So . . . given that deviation is not allowed while playing blues music any more, do you believe that blues is a dead genre?
                    There is plenty of deviation and creativity in modern Blues just look at Gary Clark Jr. And I never said music dies. I said it gets boring.

Comment

There is plenty of deviation and creativity in modern Blues just look at Gary Clark Jr. And I never said music dies. I said it gets boring.
                      I like Gary Clark Jr., but he's not doing anything new or unique in the music I've heard. It's straight up blues rock . . . of the sort that has been pretty common since the '60s.

Comment

I like Gary Clark Jr., but he's not doing anything new or unique in the music I've heard. It's straight up blues rock . . . of the sort that has been pretty common since the '60s.
                        This is from the new album

Comment

This is from the new album

I like Gary Clark Jr (and that's a decent song). . . . but not seeing anything new there. Blues-rock licks over generic hip-hop backing track with sorta rapping has been done (for a long while):

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

Sure. You can put and ambient reverb before a raging fuzz but, unlike the shirt, the result will be very different from putting them the other way around. IMHO there is a "safe" order of pedals that you shouldn't deviate from unless you know why you're doing it.
                            And that's what we are going with usually. By we, I mean me. That said I ran a Flanger in front of dirt and it was awesome...I'll do anything for the right sound.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like Gary Clark Jr (and that's a decent song). . . . but not seeing anything new there. Blues-rock licks over generic hip-hop backing track with sorta rapping has been done (for a long while):

Is this the new Run D.M.C. + Aerosmith style thing?

Comment

• circa 1998

Comment

Working...
                                X