NGOPD: New Green Overdrive Pedal Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drak View Post
    I was referring to signal flow direction.
    That jet is going out through the in door.
    Or in through the out door, as is your preference.
    I understood that. Don't know what's wrong with everyone else. Jeesh!

Comment

If I recall correctly the BBE Green Screamer is the TS808 circuit without the input/output buffers, basically a Son of Screamer circuit. It's a great sound and easy to mod if you're handy with a soldering iron.
      "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

That whole line of pedals from BBE was clones of other, popular circuits, AFAIK.

Green Screamer = Tube Screamer, Two-Timer Delay = Boss DM-2 and Mind Bender = Way Huge Blue Hippo (Boss CE-2 clone)/Boss VB-2 Vibrato.

Those are the ones I know for sure. I know that the Soul Vibe is a Uni-Vibe clone but I'm not really sure of the exact circuit that they based it on.

Good pedals nonetheless. They were well built, reasonably priced and sound really, really good.

Comment

Where was it made?

Comment

Maybe the best thing since the sonic minimizer. Just joking, nice tube screamer man!

Comment

It made me realize I needed to blow the dust off my TS9!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

So I took a lunch break and ran some serious A/B stuff.

Overall:

Level: Same - GS maybe gets a little louder.
                Tone: When dimed, I think the TS is a little brighter, less bass. GS had a little more bottom all the time I think.
                Gain: The GS was a little smoother overall, the TS was a little more ratty/raw. GS had maybe a touch more than the TS at the top end. Not much though.
                I'd say the mid push in the TS was a touch more than the GS, but hard to tell.

All in all - they are both Tube Screamers. I could flip a coin and be happy with either. I think I may - may - prefer the GS a little more overall, but odds are good I'd grab my TS anyway out of habit. If I go for the GS, its just because its the new thing.

Comment

Sounds like the GS is a TS808 clone as mentioned earlier based on your A/B results. That's how I've felt between the 808 and the 9. I prefer the 808 between the two.

Comment

I don't know about 808. Never had one/played one. My understanding from duh INtaRrWebZ is that they are essentially the same. But, I'd say so are these.

Heck - pot values could have created the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Drak View Post
                      That jet is flying in the wrong direction.
                      Factory blem?
                      I can't unsee this now. That Pedal is totally ruined.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The 808 and 9 are different. I’ve compared them before. There’s a difference in the output section of the 808 vs the 9 that makes it smoother sounding. The rest of the circuit is the same. The GS seems to be that with some low end increase (a simple mod).

Comment

See - I can think of many situations where I'df prefer the TS9 to an 808 if that is the case.

And the other way around too. For harder rocking, I'd want to smooth. For more bluesy, edge of breakup, rooster stuff I want the 9.

Comment

I love BBE effects, nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I love BBE effects, nice score.
                              I now have original Finish green Screamer and Two Timer.

Really like both

Comment

Working...
                              X