banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strangest/Ugliest Guitar Pedal industrial design, graphics and appearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to remember the guys on an Andertons video not being able to read the name of this pedal. I think that people should be able to read the name of a product, but maybe I’m old-fashioned.

Comment

i guess I get it, the started as stamps and progressed to screen printing but still.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Similar to the JHS, I like how they kept the graphics of the hand painted but dropped the cost by screen printing it.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            I know these are good TS style klone abnd such pedals, in fact I set up a pedal board for a player you guys would all know -who swears by them.

but this thing kills my eyes despite any ergonomic functional features this shape may tout.

It looks like some crap Joe Bonamassa would slap his name on and sell in his webstore, cruise ship gallery, or merch table to me.

Yeah. That enclosure design was hideous. Thank God they changed it to a more traditional, and better looking, rectangular enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

i guess I get it, the started as stamps and progressed to screen printing but still.
              On the one hand, the “pics only” approach would be good if you were looking to bulk-sell in several markets with different languages (which they’re not).
              On the other hand, if you’re browsing in a store, how do you know what the gold pedal with the picture of an IUD on it (I know, it’s a firework) does? Assume it’s a Klone?

Comment

When I see these types (there are thousands of makers) in the guitar shops -I know there is nothing that separates their build from me building one -doesn't their not great pedals -but unless someone tells me a homebrew pedal is innovative, I steer clear generally -I'd rather kid pedal producers in business than water my money down among 100s of makers at this point.

That said, there's always someone out there in their basement or garage making something cool.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

This is an even better example of what I am referring to.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Yeah, their look is pretty meh, honestly -but they make some good pedals -That morning glory in front of a JMP or JCM is sweeeeeeeet

-when I first watched his you tube videos and realized he's not really a pedal electronics guru (he knows a lot but really no more than me from an electronics standpoint) I was turned off by JHS, but after a while I started to appreciate him for his fandom for pedals, respect for the companies he's knocking off by helping market them too, and his what seems to be sincerity -Wampler dude too. And these dudes followed through for 2 decades on what I didn't do -keep making pedals and building great businesses.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	doddeathmetalfx86_3733_large.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	6061827

Not the dorkiest (those old Peaveys and the Line 6 stuff take the cake there), but definitely one of the most laughable.

It's all about the labeling of the knobs here.

I saw one of these in a guitar store back in the day and I literally LOL'd; hard.

It's impossible to take this pedal seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	doddeathmetalfx86_3733_large.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	6061827

Not the dorkiest (those old Peaveys and the Line 6 stuff take the cake there), but definitely one of the most laughable.

It's all about the labeling of the knobs here.

I saw one of these in a guitar store back in the day and I literally LOL'd; hard.

It's impossible to take this pedal seriously.
                        I disagree, this is peak design for the intended market.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This was my first distortion pedal, made by the Next company (!?!). Notice the 'wave' knob, which allows you to dial in the correct date of distortion.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                            On the fence on this Ibanez Vai one...

I mean this is so far the other way -it becomes amazing again... I bet it's f'in hot.

Someone notify Steve Dallas ASAP

But whoever designed a rocker switch that provides the options of BRIGHT and....SAVE... belongs in a mental hospital.
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                              I seem to remember the guys on an Andertons video not being able to read the name of this pedal. I think that people should be able to read the name of a product, but maybe I’m old-fashioned.
                              I agree with this one. Weird graphics design and the name font. I mean like the top part is a reference to the sixties, but the name is in a weird font. Almost like a black metal font for the name.

Comment

So far I most hate the route-66 and it's siblings plus the peavey stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X