banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best, cheap- OK sounding all round multi-effects (for headphones).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,- the Vox Tonelab series has always been the "besst of the best" regarding clean, and breakup tones- from any multi-effects/board I'šve tried and heard.

The Zoom got me really interested- both because of it's silly low price, also 65 rhythms, looper, and volume/wah pedal! .

...reason I dislike Boss/Cosm stuff, is from one episode in particular. I had been praciting trough a COSM modeler with headphones, used a heavy octave+OD sound. After playing for 15-30 minutes, I could feel the rasping, digital sound still being present in my nervous system- my voice, my hearing- even VISION seemed affected . It scared me off for the rest of my life.

Also, I've never heard a Boss/COSM thing do a nice breakup type tone.

Let me thing this trough a bit more- for the value and features provided, I think the Zoom G1X Four is the one I should get!! After all, it's much about being able to play, without getting complaints from neighbors. (who are... *cencored cencoreds*). Jamming with drums also seem nice- and, if I'm lucky- maybe the multi effect is so transparent and good, that I might be able to use it in tandem with my Blackstar HT-20mkII combo?! .

Thanks for the answers bros.

-E
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      So , 2X, whatever.
      Wrong again....lol.

I said I was initially going to suggest the HX Stomp. I saw no price in his opening post. When I saw the thread that was my first thought. As I read later, I saw the listing of his budget.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I stand corrected, missed that word, oh well, 3 hours of sleep last night.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          I stand corrected, missed that word, oh well, 3 hours of sleep last night.
          Hey my friend....if that is the worst thing we ever do in life we came out pretty good...lol.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

If its purely a volume issue, doesnt your amp have a headphone jack, the HT20R has one built into the back of it. I know we all want new toys, I know I do but if $$ is an issue, why not use what you already have and get a decent pair of headphones.

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              If get a used POD.

Good luck with your purchase.
              Came on here to say this. There are several generations to research, but all of them will be cheaper than any newer stuff.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                If its purely a volume issue, doesnt your amp have a headphone jack, the HT20R has one built into the back of it. I know we all want new toys, I know I do but if $$ is an issue, why not use what you already have and get a decent pair of headphones.
                Yes, I can actually .

But decided I wanted a break from the amp's tone. And also I won't have to run all 4 tubes hot just to play 1-2 minutes, or whatever....

I still haven't bought the Zoom, but it sure seems nice for what it's got. And the price.

...rock on! ♪
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

used Digitech RP series pedals are cheap and nice

I just got a Ammoon PockRock its about $35

headphone, belt clip, runs on two AA batteries
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Cheap? I think Zoom is your answer
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The Valeton Rushead Max is my favorite. 40 bucks on Amazon.

Comment

You can get a used Atomic Amplifier 3 for $300.

It has arguably some of the best quality amp modeling out there (some would say as good as Fractal and Kemper) both in terms of sound and feel. It covers the basic effects pretty well (and you get lots of controls here which is flexible but overwhelming). UI is a bit dated. All the standard amp controls have real knobs on the device so that part is perfect.

They also have a cheaper, smaller version but it has only a few effects and no true headphone out.

The Zoom is nowhere near close to this device in terms of sound. Zoom has a lot of features ... most of which you will outgrow.
                        Last edited by quadquadquadquad; 04-24-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I'd totally get the Zoom G1X Four (oh wait a minute .....I did!!! & I got the B1 Four for bass too )

It sounds phenomenal for what it costs ..it's also a huge step up tone-wise from the previous Zoom G series (G1X, g3, g5 etc).. I have one of those as well. The new "Four" series sounds way more realistic & cuts through a lot better as well. Just remember that you need to turn the cab mic's on (default is off) for it to sound the way it should.
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

just got a Mooer PE100 which does a nice job as a headphone amp
                            it has several amps and effects
                            and more adjustment of the effects with the LCD screen

its was about $80 here in the states
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              used Digitech RP series pedals are cheap and nice

I just got a Ammoon PockRock its about $35

headphone, belt clip, runs on two AA batteries
                              I liked the RP series

Comment

These are pretty cheap and don't sound too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X