GC Purchase advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Purchase advice

I'd like to purchase some GC gear - what is a good discount/sales strategy. Interested in purchasing soon. How to combine discounts etc...

Talk to me!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Surely you can figure this out. After all, you apparently know everything about everything else.

Comment

Step 1: Be nice to your sales dude
      Step 2: Buy your sales dude a beer
      Step 3: Buy your sales dude more beer
      Step 4: Ask for a discount

Comment

So true. Yet there are things I can figure out, but I'm completely glad for someone to just tell me what to do. So much faster...I don't off up the first three attempt while "figuring it out"

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
          Step 1: Be nice to your sales dude
          Step 2: Buy your sales dude a beer
          Step 3: Buy your sales dude more beer
          Step 4: Ask for a discount
          I was going to do this online. Seems like I have read about bigger "wins" there

Comment

Always have something in your back pocket you want. Negotiate down to your best price then hit them with "okay we can get this done if you throw in these extra cables or a box of strings". Save something for the end of the negotiation.

Also, remember the first person to name a price in a negotiation always loses.

These are basics for buying anything, a house, a car...the guy that bought my house thought he was a master negotiator and paid me 4 grand more than I was looking for.

Comment

Clarification: Looking for the coupon/discount code tips.

Comment

GC isn't like it used to be back in the good old days. Used prices are fixed unless the item has been there 90 days. Even after that timeframe, it is up to the store to discount or not. If the item has been there for a long time and has already been discounted a few times then they may work with you a bit. it will be very minimal if at all. You can not stack coupons. You can not use bonus points on used items anymore. A good rep will possibly waive shipping on a used item but that is it. Used prices are fixed basically. On new items, same thing. They will price match from other legit sources but that is it. They have pretty much went to fixed pricing and coupon codes for any type of price movement. So many things are in the system now to prevent discounts etc that you have to go up a few levels of management for anything to change. It is nothing like it used to be. Good luck!
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Take a list of things you want to GC
                  see what the best price the sales mgr will do
                  get it in writing.
                  Take the offer somewhere else and purchase

Discount Code
                  SUMWHRELSE21
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Damn... I was hoping for a

Get this coupon $15% off, on the 30th use discount code LASTDAT30

Comment

Here you go: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        Also, remember the first person to name a LOW price in a negotiation always loses.
                        Fixed that for you

Naming the price first has an anchoring effect that works to you benefit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anch...cognitive_bias)

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                          Always have something in your back pocket you want. Negotiate down to your best price then hit them with "okay we can get this done if you throw in these extra cables or a box of strings". Save something for the end of the negotiation.

Also, remember the first person to name a price in a negotiation always loses.

These are basics for buying anything, a house, a car...the guy that bought my house thought he was a master negotiator and paid me 4 grand more than I was looking for.
                          This is the advise you gave me when I was buying my Kemper. Even though I didn’t play it as cool as you, I still got everything I wanted.
                          I paid the price I wanted and got my sales rep to throw in a Hercules music stand and a couple of cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Fixed that for you

Naming the price first has an anchoring effect that works to you benefit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anch...cognitive_bias)
                            30 years in enterprise sale management I prefer my method to a wiki article that could have been written by a first-year salesperson. NEVER be the first person to name a number. Yes, I know how to anchor, naming a price above what you are looking for to give room to negotiate. My house for example I had an anchor price in my head. The buyer gave a price 4 grand higher than my top price. If I had given my anchor price first I would have lost 4 grand.
                            Last edited by Securb; 04-18-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Just tell them what you will pay for it and be willing to bolt if they say no.

If it's a guitar that's worth about $1000 and you would not buy it for more than $700, then just tell them that. Don't insult them by saying it's worth less than it is, and don't debate what it's worth.
                              I would tell them that I think it's worth $1500 because I love it and it's awesome,,,,,,,,,but I will only pay $700 because that's the truth and the way it is.

edit;
                              Actually I was being sarcastic on the last part.
                              I would say $700 is my bid because I already have an arsenal of gear but would still like buy it if at a really bargain price.

Oh this is GC? Just run away!
                              Last edited by dave74; 04-19-2021, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X