banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Not a Huge Pedal Guy, But This is a SCORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Not a Huge Pedal Guy, But This is a SCORE!

Final revision Dunwich Amplification "Witchfinder". A very serendipitous find if you ask me!

Put simply, the Witchfinder is a deconstructed and uniquely expanded Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz circuit. It does away with the clean boost of the original FZ-2 and instead focuses on offering far more adjustability of the overall voicing and fuzz range. For less than the price of a real FZ-2, it does SO much more!

I only came to know about this rare beast as I was looking for a suitable FZ-2 substitute. From the moment I realized what they were, I had horrible G.A.S. for one. I had planned to post a "want to buy" thread a few days ago, but I hesitated because I knew it was unlikely that I would ever find one so easily. Out of nowhere, this one popped up in my local classifieds late Friday night. Best part? The seller was only 10 minutes away from my house!

Short story short...It's mine and I might be buried with it!

There's not a lot of info out there about these, but this video provides a nice overview of the differences between the Witchfinder and the traditional FZ-2:

Wow that thing sounds pretty gnarly
    Lot of range on it! Really cool I hope you have a lot of fun with that!

Comment

Wow - that's a whole lotta pedal!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Wow
        its strange how you want something
        And it has a way of presenting itself

When that happens to me i blame my phone

Look at it carefully
        Deep state and all
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

You know, that and a Demogorgon would be a killer combo...

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Put simply, the Witchfinder is a deconstructed and uniquely expanded Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz circuit. It does away with the clean boost of the original FZ-2 and instead focuses on offering far more adjustability of the overall voicing and fuzz range. For less than the price of a real FZ-2, it does SO much more!

Either you pulled this directly from the manufacturer's website, or you should be writing taglines for gear.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Ha ha! Thanks. My entire life is an endless spiral of under-utilized talents

Comment

Ha ha! Thanks. My entire life is an endless spiral of under-utilized talents
                Imagine if you engaged in deliberate practice!!!!

Comment

It does away with the clean boost of the original FZ-2…
                  Funny thing is I had the Behringer version, thought I’d never use the clean boost (which isn’t all that clean), and that’s all I ever used it for! (on solos)

I couldn’t get the fuzz to gel with my playing style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is an AWESOME story!

AND you get Rob Halford on the cover!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Imagine if you engaged in deliberate practice!!!!
                      Imagine living in a world where talent or practice,or both, were rewarded.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing is all kinds of badass!
                        I didn't know I needed it until I watched your vid!
                        no idea where is use it, maybe a cool intro it something. But wow! What fun!
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I'm blown away, honestly. Even next to my other FZ-2 clone (and I have yet another on the way), it's incredibly rich and dynamic, especially for as aggressive as it can get.

Big range of tones here. There's hardly a bad setting. You can close your eyes, tweak random knobs and flip a couple switches blindly, and you'll still get something unique and usable!

Comment

By a total fluke, I scored a second one of these! Wasn't really looking to buy another, but I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Do I:

a) Sell it...spread the love and make a profit, stick to my other FZ-2 clone as a back-up

b) Store it...it's destined to become a crazy collectible that will only go up in value in the next few years

c) Use it...add it to my pedalboard next to my other one (possibly with a boost in between) so I can toggle between two different, crazy fuzz tones easier (there's so much adjustment, it's easy to get lost on this thing, so switching between tones quickly is a challenge with only one)

Comment

B - definitely B....

MAYBE C, depending on the gig.

Comment

Working...
                              X