The KLON KTR Madness has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve built quite a few, and kept one
    modified for bass on on my bass board. I have sold so many for 40.00its insane. I don’t understand all the hype, but it’s an ok pedal with a specific sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

But I can do without them. They are fun, but if something was going for more than I want to pay, I just move on.
      Me too! I also don't buy anything new without a discount.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Me too! I also don't buy anything new without a discount.
        Me either! The only way to buy!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My RYRA and J. Rockett Archer Ikon are "Klonish" enough for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
            My RYRA and J. Rockett Archer Ikon are "Klonish" enough for me...
            Me too. There are plenty of Klones on the market that are better built, sound the same and cost way less than the KTR.

There is a video out there where the dude from BYOC places an original silver Klon Centaur in one bypass loop and a BYOC Silver Pony in another. He plays and switches back and forth between each, keeping the settings on both pedals the same as one another.

Regardless of the range of the controls, there is no difference in the way they sound to me.

I built a Silver Pony II last month and took it to a friend's house. He has a KTR, a Rimrock Mythical Overdrive and an ARC Klone. Same thing. I couldn't tell which was which if I wasn't looking at the pedals.

It's a cool circuit and one that deserves recognition for being useful but man, I couldn't justify spending a crazy amount of money to get a "real" Klon.

I also read that J Rockett was the company tasked to build the first round of KTRs. The Archer line is probably as close to the original as any while staying in a reasonable price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

Me too. There are plenty of Klones on the market that are better built, sound the same and cost way less than the KTR.

There is a video out there where the dude from BYOC places an original silver Klon Centaur in one bypass loop and a BYOC Silver Pony in another. He plays and switches back and forth between each, keeping the settings on both pedals the same as one another.

Regardless of the range of the controls, there is no difference in the way they sound to me.

I built a Silver Pony II last month and took it to a friend's house. He has a KTR, a Rimrock Mythical Overdrive and an ARC Klone. Same thing. I couldn't tell which was which if I wasn't looking at the pedals.

It's a cool circuit and one that deserves recognition for being useful but man, I couldn't justify spending a crazy amount of money to get a "real" Klon.

I also read that J Rockett was the company tasked to build the first round of KTRs. The Archer line is probably as close to the original as any while staying in a reasonable price range.
              The Silver Pony is one amazing pedal. I love mine.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X